Trying to restart dating at 57 years old with RRMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to restart dating at 57 years old with RRMS

I live in the Philadelphia PA area. How's the best way to connect with a woman with MS in my area, to date? I'm looking for a significant other to share the rest of our lives together. I tried on line dating with no luck, once they found out I have MS and walk slowly with a cane. I joined 2 MS Support groups, everyone is married or to young. I'm looking for any advise, you can give me. Thanks.

Don't worry about the "too young" thing (fair enough, "married" is definitely a no-go).
    My partner is 23 years older than me. I'm 45, he's 68. We've been together for 18 years.
    As he says, "You're only as old as the woman you feel".
    Feeling a wee tad older these days, brother.

Comment

Hi ChristopherG,

I am very sorry to hear about your experiences. Just wondering, have you tried any online dating services catering specifically for disabled/differently abled people? Or is that what you meant when you said you have "tried online dating with no luck"?

Comment

most of the people in our local MS group are single and and they had a night dedicated to "dating and disability" check out some of the different support groups in your area for annything related to this. It is more common than most people think itt is. Best of luck to you
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by sing_a_long View Post
          Hi ChristopherG,

I am very sorry to hear about your experiences. Just wondering, have you tried any online dating services catering specifically for disabled/differently abled people? Or is that what you meant when you said you have "tried online dating with no luck"?
          I agree here that you should try online dating services for disabled/differently abled people! I just did a quick search and found quite a few choices. One is called Disabled Passions - go to the Browse Groups at the top. MS is one of the choices.

Good luck! Hope you find some lasting friendships
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hunterd

Thanks for the info. I'm going to contact the Greater Delaware Valley MS Chapter, to check possibilities. I'll keep everyone updated.

Comment

Seasha

Thank you so much for the lead, I will keep you posted on any progress.

Comment

Working...
              X