I AM SCARED ABOUT MY DOC. APPOINTMENT ON mONDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM SCARED ABOUT MY DOC. APPOINTMENT ON mONDAY

I have a doctor on Monday with a doctor in the Digestive Disorder because i am having a lot of bowel movement problems. i am so scared because i don't know what he is going to do to me. i need some people who has gone to this type of a doctor and what you went through.....please help me

diguilio, if this is a first consultation with a new digestive disorders doc, it will probably be an assessment of your sx's and an exam.

After the initial exam, doc may order diagnostic testing, and doc explain testing procedures.

Hope you get relief soon and good luck with the appointment

Comment

Probably depends on your issues. I have a very slow digestive tract that was letting some matter through, but not ever totally emptying. When I went to my PA, he just listened to my belly and determined that "yes" no stomach sounds. Ordered an X-ray and told me to go to my gastroenterologist. Went to him and he also just listened, looked at the X-rays, ordered a CAT scan.

He had also done my colonoscopy a few years ago, and knew I was not totally clean for that procedure.

I now take a quadruple dose of Miralax daily, along with Linzess. I still have a bloated belly, but after three-four months of this regimen, I now feel like my matter is moving through my system better. I have to be careful, or I have accidents. But I took smaller doses for a couple of days and I immediately started having troubles again.

Both doctors warned me this may just have to be a lifelong regimen!

I hope this helps a bit.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

You'll have a long talk about your bowel movements. Maybe you'll get booked in for a colonoscopy, maybe not. It's all worse in your imagination than in reality because it's your back passage and it is embarrassing.
        Good luck. You'll probably just be told to eat more fibre.
        INADB.

Comment

some answers

hi...so i saw my doctor today and on of the things i have to start taking miralax so now much question is how much and with what?????????????

Comment

S/he didn't give you a dosage?
            I had to take it for months post brain haemorrhage. (No forcing a motion allowed, shall we say.)
            It was vanilla flavoured and it tasted disgusting, but it worked.
            Much more palatable with a spoonful of fruit-flavoured yoghurt.
            Ask your pharmacist. Plus side, no rectal exam!

Comment

Play around with the dosage. I take mine with cranberry juice a couple of times a day. I have found that a single dose doesn't help much. My gastroenterologist told me to take a quadruple dosage daily. That ended up being too much. I now do 1 1/2 in the morning, and then 1 1/2 at night. I can control things pretty good at that dosage. He told me that taking a quadruple dose doesn't hurt anything.

I also take a 290 Linzess capsule daily. It has taken me almost 5 months to get stomach sounds going once again, and have food move like it is supposed to through my system.

You have to figure out what works for you. I had several cleansing sessions before feeling like I was totally cleaned out, then started the daily Miralax Linzess routine.

The doctor told me I would probably have to do this the rest of my life! It isn't fun, but I'm dealing with it okay. I slowed down for a couple of days because I wasn't going to always be near a restroom, and my problems started right up again. So I can see the doctor was right!

Good luck. By the generic version of Miralax from a Sam's or Costco. It isn't cheap!
              Brenda
              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
              X