How long is Acthar Gel in your system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long is Acthar Gel in your system?

I'm currently having a flare and the neuro put me on Acthar gel because IVSM gave me serious/life threatening side effects last time I took it. Does anyone know how long it stays in your system after you've completed the course of treatment? I ask because I'm breastfeed and currently pumping and dumping my breastmilk so I don't pass any on to my baby.

Neuro has me on a strange schedule, I started last Thursday, then Saturday, tomorrow (Tuesday), Friday and then the Wednesday after. He made it work with a work trip that I have to go on, which was nice I guess...

BTW, I feel good on the Acthar Gel. No serious side effects yet

drug company

Call the drug company and talk to their pharmacist or nurse to get that answer. I would guess that very few people, if any, will be able to answer that question.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

According to drugs.com (http://www.drugs.com/monograph/h-p-acthar-gel.html), the
      Acthar Gel Half-life is as follows:

>3 hours following IM or sub-Q administration of repository corticotropin injection.l

15–20 minutes following IV administration of corticotropin for injection (no longer commercially available in the US).

Half-life is defined as: This is the period of time required for the concentration or amount of drug in the body to be reduced by one-half. We usually consider the half life of a drug in relation to the amount of the drug in plasma. A drug's plasma half-life depends on how quickly the drug is eliminated from the plasma.

note: I would still follow Kelm's advice, because I always follow Kelm's advice!

Comment

Originally posted by kelm10 View Post
        Call the drug company and talk to their pharmacist or nurse to get that answer. I would guess that very few people, if any, will be able to answer that question.
        You are a genius! Why didn't I think of that?? I sent them an email

Comment

GUESS

I would guess because you are post-partum, breast feeding (well at least feeding a pump) and still feeding a baby, in a flair, and you have MS. The odds of you thinking straight is stacked against you.

The other genius, Marco, gave you the answer. 6 hours after your last dose. But, I have MS with cognitive decline, see what Questcore has to say. I would be interested in hearing if you have time to share.
          God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Peachey - they also use acthar gel on infants (for spasms). I would still find out more and glad you are taking precautions. I really hope things improve for you and the acthar gel works wonders.

Comment

Working...
            X