Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Symptom Question.....

Greeting everyone.
    I'm curious on what my Neurologist informed me on my recent visit.
    He told me if I felt anything when I tilt my head forward and felt anything abnormal to call him immediately.

Is it like an electric charge feeling going down the spinal cord? I already had one of those this past January.
    Dx RRMS 2015

Never heard of that symptom. idk
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Your Neurologist is referring to LHermitte's sign.

This is when you bend your head down (chin to chest) and have abnormal sensations such as vibrations/buzzing, tingling, or electrical shock from the spine down. These sensations last only seconds but can be repeated each time you bend your head down.

This is not exclusive to MS but when related to this disease it is due to lesion(s) on the cervical spinal cord.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you Snoopy
        I've been flexing my chin to my chest, and I'm getting both tingling, and numbness on my right big toe. I haven't felt any sharp pains, buzzing, or an electric charge yet by flexing.... not yet at least.
        Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Perennialz View Post
          Thank you Snoopy
          I've been flexing my chin to my chest, and I'm getting both tingling, and numbness on my right big toe. I haven't felt any sharp pains, buzzing, or an electric charge yet by flexing.... not yet at least.
          I forgot to mention I do have a lesion in my cervical spinal cord region.
          Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Lhermitte's sign confirmed

I recently got a confirmation that my symptoms are indeed Lhermitte's sign.

Not a big deal, but earlier in my workday, I got this crazy ice pick stabbing jolt in my upper right part of my spine. Startled and hurt like crazy
            Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Working...
            X