Fatigue faux pas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue faux pas

I am beginning to think maybe I should not go out unaccompanied.
    Very, very tired yesterday - the newspaper is putting out a 20 page Anzac Day 100th year memorial insert (it's sort of like your Memorial Day).
    So being a martyr and wanting to do my bit, we had lots of veterans of WWI around here, I worked a five day week. (I'm down to two days, normally) and I did the court report, which is kind of entertaining.

Anyhoo. I went to the supermarket in my lunch hour. I loathe shopping at the best of times.
    You can tap and go if you spend under $100. Have to enter your pin for anything more.
    Do ya think I could remember my pin? Three strikes and you're out. Mobile phone battery was flat.
    So I had to go to the bank and sort things out pin-wise, and get some money to pay for my trolley of stuff.
    You can't get into the bank without a wheelie-walker, which I'd left at work. Ah ha! A cane. Staggered in, got my money, staggered out, went back to the less-than super market.
    The Disability Car spaces were full. I will not let this defeat me!
    Still valiantly lurching on my cane (usually use a trolley as a makeshift walker), I made it in.
    The checkout woman took my money, shouted, "that trolley up there belongs to this woman with the cane".
    I was going to ask for assistance, but then I though, stuff it. I've come so far, I want to see this through. So I did.
    Yay me.
    Lunchtime over. Went back to work and soldiered on. I went to bed last night at 5.30 in the afternoon. Woke up at 11 this morning.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Happy birthday mate! You're a very brave and adventurous soul.

Comment

sound like me

I do the same thing, too. I am working on having that kind of week, I think. I am working two extra days and 8 hour days at that. I normally work one to two 4 hour days. And, the icing on the cake. My dryer is broke, so, it is almost a daily treck to the laundry mat to dry the clothes that get washed with my household of family. The dryer is not going to get fixed until Monday. Last night's trip to the laundry mat. Oh, I am out and right next to the grocery store, so, I might as well make a trip there while the clothes are drying. And, like you the handicap places are full, but, I am going to see this through.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Poolwatcher View Post
        Happy birthday mate! You're a very brave and adventurous soul.
        Who'd have thought going to the supermarket twice and the bank IN THE SAME DAY could be up there with completing a marathon?
        Ah well, you live and learn.
        Not brave, just bloody stubborn.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only victim to PIN numbers, especially with my credit cards as I rarely use them... as I type this I know I have to go to the bank to reset one! I tried 3 different ones and got locked out, didn't even try the other. Thank goodness I had money in the bank (a rarity so close to month end when I get paid) to pay for my stuff.

It's soooooo embarrassing to keep seeing "declined" with a lineup of impatient people behind me! I just put my tail between my legs and slink out.

You are my hero for doing the supermarket twice and the bank in the same day... while working!!!
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

PINs

Would it help to set your PIN to the numbers that correspond to a word you can remember? In other words, pick a four-letter word (I'm luck - all the surnames in my family are four letters!), and pick the numbers from the phone pad that correspond to the word.

Comment

Trust me, I will never forget that PIN number, again. Ever. It is tattooed on my soul.

Comment

Working...
              X