Mycophenolate for SPMS--report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mycophenolate for SPMS--report

It's been years since any DMT has worked for me. Some recent failures were Gilenya and Rituximab, but there were many others. Botox had no effect and Baclofen gives me endless problems. Twenty years after diagnosis, I went from unassisted walking to cane to walker to wheelchair in only 12 months. I now live in a downstairs guest room, and don't drive or cook.

Imagine my amazement when Mycophenolate started working in about a week--at 1/4 dose. A month after starting, I'm at 3/4 the maximum dosage, and I've moved back to a Rollator (walker with seat). In 26 years, I've never had a neurologist or physical therapist get excited about my MS--but they are now.

I now stand up long enough to pull up my pants after using the toilet--sounds minor but things like that mean a HUGE improvement in quality of life. I'm turning back the clock on symptoms. There is more pain than before, but it's controllable, and some is possibly because I'm using muscles I haven't used in years. This is a serious drug, intended to keep transplant patients from rejecting their organs, and it's really knocking out my immune system. I can't tell anybody else to take such a risk, but I can share my experience, for what it's worth.

That is awesome news!! I am currently on Rituxan and knocking on the door to SPMS. I too went downhill into a wheelchair very quickly. It's great to hear of your progress. I can truly appreciate being able to stand to pull up your pants. This gives me hope.

Comment

Mycophenolate

How did you get the prescription for this drug?

Comment

Why Mycophenolate (Cellcept)?

Originally posted by BJG55 View Post
        How did you get the prescription for this drug?
        My neuro was considering what to try next, after I struck out with so many other meds.

Comment

I am very happy to read of your recent positive changes in your condition. It is this kind of positive news that I hope to find when I check in every day. Good for you. I hope that you have more happy news, soon. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X