MRI how often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI how often?

I've been on Copaxone for almost a year. Today I had an MRI to see if anything had changed (I guess). How often do most MSers have MRIs done? I hate being on that tube!

Darn autocorrect! Should read "I hate being IN that tube!"

Comment

I had 2 the first year, then once yearly after that.
      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I had one more after my dx, but don't expect my neuro to order any more unless I have new sx.
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Yearly. Even if no symptoms, they usually still order to see if any new lesions or improvement in old.

So if new lesions even without symptom change, may want to get on a med if not on one, or change meds if already on one. If no new lesions and no new symptoms and no changes in neuro exam, then stable and stay the course.

And of onTysabri ever, they require the MRI.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Usually when using a Disease Modifying Therapy (DMT) yearly MRIs are pretty common. If you so choose you do have the right to refuse.

I get MRIs when warranted due to symptoms. However, I do not and have never used a DMT.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have MRI's

annually. I also get a prescription from my neuro for Valium to take before the MRI - it helps to relax me - I don't like the tube either!

Comment

Just had an MRI yesterday. Thank goodness for Valium! Will call Neuro on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully, all will be well and I can slide by next time!

Comment

So, my Neuro said there has been no significant changes since last year's MRI. I guess that's what I was hoping for, right?! He did the "push-pull" test and said he feels my strength is getting better (I know- subjective!). He also tested the feeling in my hands and said it was getting better, too. (I know, subjective again!) Taken together this is good news, right? Means Copaxone is doing it's job?

Comment

I have one done yearly. Both with and without contrast. I am not taking any DMT. I am primary progressive.
                    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                    volunteer
                    MS World
                    hunterd@msworld.org
                    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I am JCV+ with a 3.5 index so I get MRIs full sets every three months. Fortunately I do not get claustrophobic. Once per year is about the normal script.

Hope you start feeling better!

Lisa
                      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                      Tysabri

Comment

I had one recently, the previous one was 10 years ago. I am not really interested in MRIs from an MS point of view, but this one was a full spinal MRI that I wanted done to see if some symptom could be attributed to something other than lesions.

Comment

Working...
                        X