Tysabri as first DMT...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting second infusion next week

Hi, I'm new here, just diagnosed in Feb. after winding up in the hospital with a bad flare up. I was there for 5 weeks, including 4 weeks of therapy. My nuero also prescribed T as my first DMT, also because of neck lesions, and because my MS seems to be very aggresive. My first infusion left me very weak and tired, but that passed by the next day. I won't say PML doesn't scare me, it definitiely does, but so does the possibility of another lengthy hospital stay. I will be getting my second infusion in a few days. I believe it is the best decision for me.

Comment

I think your neuro gave you the right advice. My neuro said the same 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with PPMS. Start with the best medication (Tysabri) if it does not work none of the others will either. Since starting Tysabri I have not had any new lesions. I am on a plateau right now. The risks of PML are vastly over exagerated, with the Touch program they test you frequently for the JCV and any asymptomatic PML. I am still JCV negative. My sister was on Tysabri for 9 years, 5 of them while positive, and its only now that they decided to move her to Lemtrada because the virus levels have increased enough so there are options now beyond Tysabri if you need to be taken off in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X