Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to talk to other teachers with MS

Hi,
    I am 38 and just going through the process of being diagnosed with MS.

I would really like to connect/chat with some others who teach and have MS. Please contact me back if you would be interested in talking to me.

I'm just interested in talking about how some of the MS related stuff applies specifically to the teaching environment/culture.

Thanks.
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Hello and sorry that you are having to join us. There are a few of us teachers on here but I have to say that there has been very little activity on this message board for awhile.

I am not sure if I give you much guidance as I have only been dx for about a year. And I feel I am blessed with only mild symptoms so far. At this point my MS does not affect my job. When I was still doing an extra-curricular I did have more symptoms due to overdoing it, but I still would say that they did not affect my abilities for the job.

I would suggest trying out the chatroom. There are some great people there that love to help answer questions.
    MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

Can you post contact info in your profile?

Comment

I would rather not post contact info. I am in the chat room many nights a week.
        MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

looking to talk to other teachers

Hi all. If you just reply that you are interested in talking, then I think I should be able to send you a private message.
          (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)

Comment

connecting with teachers with MS

I'm sorry. I didn't really know how this site works as far as contacting people goes.

You can email me at

I'd really like to talk to other teachers who have MS, so if you currently teach or taught with MS, please feel free to email me. If you can reply to this post that you are emailing it would be good, so that I know to look for it.

**Email address removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Comment

Originally posted by Teekybird View Post
              Hi all. If you just reply that you are interested in talking, then I think I should be able to send you a private message.
              PM is not an enabled feature for the general membership on this site.
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Take 3..looking to talk to other teachers with MS

My profile has been updated with contact info.

Comment

Hi,

Just wondering if you have met any other teachers to talk to? I am a teacher, and been diagnosed since 2012. I don't really post, not very good at it I guess. Have you gotten the answers to your questions? Not sure if I can be of any help because I'm not a classroom teacher, I'm a Physical Education teacher. I hope you have found someone to help you and guide you through.
                  K9 Love heals

Comment

I am also 38 and third grade teacher and was diagnosed in 2012. Most days I do pretty good, but the fatigue really slows me down.

Comment

Teachers with MS....

Hi!
                      I apologize for missing the reply to my post from May, and I just saw this reply from October.

I did not really hear from others.

I am currently very frusrated with what I see as lack of my schools to provide reasonable accommodation.

I cannot type more right no due to poor connection.

Comment

Technology teacher....

I'm from Spain....I've 38 years old....I'm technology teacher for 8 years...here in Toledo (Spain) and I've EM for 16 years... now my treatment is called Lentrada, but only I've been with them for two moths....

I'm sorry for my poor English.....but waiting to talk with another one there from Spain ....Bye....

Comment

Hualvarg,
                          Bienvenido al grupo. Enseño a los adolescentes y sí, cuesta mucha energía. Lo más difícil para mí es mantener los papeles, notas, y planear. Mis estudiantes saben de mi condición y algunas se olvidan y luego me preguntan meses después, "¿Qué es EM? Les explico de nuevo. ¿Tomas una terapia? ¿La escuela sabe, y si sí, dejan que tengas lo que necesites?

Comment

Hello.....

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                            Hualvarg,
                            Bienvenido al grupo. Enseño a los adolescentes y sí, cuesta mucha energía. Lo más difícil para mí es mantener los papeles, notas, y planear. Mis estudiantes saben de mi condición y algunas se olvidan y luego me preguntan meses después, "¿Qué es EM? Les explico de nuevo. ¿Tomas una terapia? ¿La escuela sabe, y si sí, dejan que tengas lo que necesites?
                            Hola...tu tienes un buen buen español...mejor que mi english......
                            Mis alumnos no han sabido nunca nada de mi enfermedad....bueno uno al que se lo dije porque estaba pasando por una mala racha de salud.....y yo le animé.....
                            Bueno hace unos meses empecé con el Alentuzumab....o Lemtrada....y ahora a esperar....
                            He tenido algún problema esta año con el director....me nombraron jefe de departamento....estando nuevo en el instituto....y tuve algún problema porque no se creia nada de mi enfermedad....una pena...
                            Goood luck.....from Madrid.....

Comment

Ah, mi escuela sabe y me apoya con acomodaciones pequeñas. Aquí en EE.UU., por lo menos en mi situación, es mejor relatar que tengo EM porque me protege legalmente. Recuerda que tenemos nuestros seguros médicos del empleo, pues para mí es lo más importante ahora, más que el salario porque cuesta tanta la medicina. Mañana empiezo las vacaciones por 2.5 meses. Tengo la meta de establecer una rutina de ejercicio pq es la única cosa que no he tratado de hacer y sé que es bueno para el cerebro. ¿Por cuánto tiempo has tenido EM? ¿Haces algo con la dieta? ¿Cómo te fue la infusión de Lemtrada? Yo he leído buenas cosas sobre las investigaciones científicas en España sobre el tratamiento para EM- pues tengo esperanza.

Comment

Working...
                              X