Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Wonderful Happened Here in Katieville Today

And this is not an April Fools joke.

I had to deliver a package to Fed-Ex. I had IVSM last week...been through the ringer and am still trying to rebuild my strength.

Got to the Store...no Handicapped Slots. I had to park about 100 yards away. I sat there thinking, "I can't hold on to a box and a walking stick". No shopping carts in sight. I was ready to cry.

So I sat there and finally mustered up enough courage to pick up the box and walk unaided to the store. I made it about five steps and stood there a minute...was sure I was going to hit the ground. There was no way I was going to make it. It dawned on me that had I taken my Rollater, I could have done it.

Just as I was about to return to the car, I saw a woman literally run out of the store toward me. She said, "That package looks too heavy for you...let me help." And she grabbed the package and all the paperwork and I was able to get my walking stick and follow her into the store.

What a beautiful thing she did. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart. Her random act of kindness made this gals day a bit easier.

May all of you experience a random act of kindness too.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

People like her deserve a special place in heaven.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

That is great to hear. All too often we only hear and see negativity. Thanks for sharing!
      Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
      Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

so glad that that lady was where she was and that she was watching! She deserves a medal!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi KatieAgain,

That is a wonderful story. I realized there are alot of good people willing to help since I started walking with a cane and rollater.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

What a wonderful story. There are some kind people in the world.
            Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
            Babe Ruth

Comment

It is always nice to hear a positive story! That and laughter make days so much better.
              Brenda
              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure I would have even noticed something like this before MS but since I definitely notice and offer to help when I see someone struggling. Thank you for posting this wonderful reminder and many thanks to that dear woman who thought to help a stranger, reading this made my day also!!
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X