can someone suggest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone suggest...

Could anyone recommend a forum like this one for mental health issues? Miss you all. Still haven't given up the idea of trying to fit in here again, but I'm not quire ready yet. I am afraid, still, to share how I really feel. I get my feelings hurt way too easily. I am mentally and physically spent. I am lost. I have to find a way to love myself again before it's too late. Take care, my fellow MSers. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi kittysmith - It's nice to hear from you again!

Sometimes knowing what the problems we face and seeking help are the first steps for well-being, so says my therapist. I have great faith in you.

Here are a few forums I found for you:
    http://www.healthyplace.com/forum/ This place has forums for all types of mental health issues

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/ Here's what they say - we aim to be the friendliest place to discuss mental health issues

http://www.psychforums.com/

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/

And, of course, you are always welcomed here - when you feel up for it!
    Sending you hugs, prayers and wellness
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

hi!

kittysmith, i hope you stick around.
      my first time checking out MSW years ago, i got in a chat room. as you can see, i only type in lower case, easier for me with dead left pinkie. i was told that "HERE WE ONLY USE CAPS"

it really bothered me and i didn't get back on MSW for a long time. so glad i came back.
      i know now that person was trying to tell me the rules for chat rooms, because of some people vision loss.

it is so hard to read tone of 'voice' and emotion into printed words. it's easy to misunderstand.
      i pray that you find only positive people and forums here. (there are a lot of great ones! )
      but it's run and written by humans, so it's not always going to be perfect or nice. so, please, try to just concentrate on the good ones.
      if you come across one you don't like, just switch to something else. life is too short to be bothered by negativity.

so glad you're back!

take care & God bless you!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hello kittysmith,

http://forums.psychcentral.com/

I hope you find what you need
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Mdjunction has a depression forum. http://www.mdjunction.com/depression

I used to be active in the bipolar forum and I can't tell you how warm, welcoming, and supportive they are. You can pm and pass on hugs and chat. There are also subforums under depression for specific symptoms but you might want to check out the general depression forum. I just peeked over there and there are some members from the bipolar forum and they are so sweet and smart and helpful. There are plenty of running threads that continue daily if you don't want to create a new post but just feel like posting and connecting.

Good luck!

Comment

I see it as a very positive step in getting help and you recognizing it. You might want to check with your Insurance to see what kind of Mental Health benefits you have. A good therapist is worth their weight in Gold.

I have had a Therapist since diagnosis...no shame in that.
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
              kittysmith, i hope you stick around.
              my first time checking out MSW years ago, i got in a chat room. as you can see, i only type in lower case, easier for me with dead left pinkie. i was told that "HERE WE ONLY USE CAPS"

it really bothered me and i didn't get back on MSW for a long time. so glad i came back.
              i know now that person was trying to tell me the rules for chat rooms, because of some people vision loss.

it is so hard to read tone of 'voice' and emotion into printed words. it's easy to misunderstand.
              i pray that you find only positive people and forums here. (there are a lot of great ones! )
              but it's run and written by humans, so it's not always going to be perfect or nice. so, please, try to just concentrate on the good ones.
              if you come across one you don't like, just switch to something else. life is too short to be bothered by negativity.

so glad you're back!

take care & God bless you!
              I am going to hijack this for a moment. poohb3ar, I invite you back to chat if you so choose. There is no longer the rule to type in all caps. It really was not a fast rule before. You will find some of us still use all caps but you will not find anyone requesting that you do that.
              MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

thank you

I will check out some of these resources. Again, thank you.

I have been dealing with mental illness my whole life, mostly a panic disorder. Psychiatry is nothing new. I've been in therapy since I graduated from college in 1991. I am seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist (which I was luckily already doing when I was diagnosed with MS and my son was diagnosed with Autism). I just need a place to vent about my anxiety,mood swings, and depression where I won't be judged or misunderstood.

So many of you have been kind. I seem to be off-putting to some, so I thought I'd excuse myself for a while. If you've never dealt with mental illness it's hard to understand people's actions and reactions. I get that.

You are each special, strong, and noble to be fighting this disease as hard as you fight. Don't give up. Keep up the good fight!

Kitty 😽

Comment

Hi Kitty,

It's so nice to see your post. I was a jerk and I still feel very badly that you don't feel safe here because some of my "stuff" spilled out in cyberspace and hurt you.

There is another site that you might like. A guy who was looking for more emotional support told me about it. It's called, Daily Strength.

Some people say this site is only to share information. I hope that is not the case because those of us experiencing the same thing can empathize a lot more that the professionals. Therapists are good, too if you can find the right one.

Wherever you look, I hope you can find a safe environment. No one needs criticism.

Comment

No worries...

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
                    Hi Kitty,

It's so nice to see your post. I was a jerk and I still feel very badly that you don't feel safe here because some of my "stuff" spilled out in cyberspace and hurt you.

There is another site that you might like. A guy who was looking for more emotional support told me about it. It's called, Daily Strength.

Some people say this site is only to share information. I hope that is not the case because those of us experiencing the same thing can empathize a lot more that the professionals. Therapists are good, too if you can find the right one.

Wherever you look, I hope you can find a safe environment. No one needs criticism.
                    Luckily, my cog fog keeps me from remembering who said what, so you are off the hook, lol.

I am trying so hard to be happy again. Thank you for your apology, though it was unnecessary.

I have a problem with really low self esteem. When I feel like someone is against me I get my feelings hurt and shut down. I always want everyone to like me and when they don't. I run.
                    It's something I am working on every day.

Thanks for listening, helpingg, and understanding everyone.

Comment

Brain talk forums are pretty good. They cover just about every possible neurological/ psychological subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X