I'm in a "I hate MS mood" today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a "I hate MS mood" today.

I'm in a "I hate MS mood" today. Those don't hit me very often. Although I never like MS, I tend to be a glass-half-full kind of person, rather than a glass-half-empty kind of person.
    Today, though, I'm just tired of it. Tired of needing so many naps. Tired of injecting meds. Tired of peeing so often. Tired of poor vision. Tired of .... (and the list goes on).
    I suspect that, later today, or maybe tomorrow, I'll be grateful for my "I hate MS mood" day, because I'll realize that, usually, like I said, I am a glass-half-full kind of person. And, I'll be glad that I don't usually wallow in self-pity. But, for right now, I'm wallowing in self-pity.
    And, that's the rest of the story.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Some days are like that! Just enjoy the moment, because I don't think we truly appreciate our good days if we don't have an occasional bad one .
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Hey mamabug.
      I had my I HATE MS day yesterday.
      Today is just a I REALLY don't like MS day. But like you I expect that tomorrow will be a little better.

Hang tight. Here is something to lighten your day (I would have given you a dozen, but is not allowed

Comment

I must be having an "I hate MS month"! But, it could always be worse.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Why don't we all agree that it is always time to hate MS ! For me it isn't how many days a month I hate MS. It is when will MS go away? We, all of us MS'ers, should be wondering that same thought. What is wrong with thinking that we should be free of this disease ? Hating MS is 'ok'. But this hate needs to go farther. MS needs to be 'eliminated'. Let's all try to agree on that thought. Other than that, I agree with hunterd !

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah. I don't ever like MS. But, I don't general wallow in hating it. That just doesn't seem productive and it doesn't make for a happy Mamabug. It simply isn't worth the effort.

Feeling better today about it. After all, hating it doesn't make the symptoms go away or even decrease them. It just makes me sad and mad. Like I said, not productive. And, I've got things to do today.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am glad you gave yourself the day to "wallow" and are feeling a little better today. We need those days now and them.

I am with you. While I do always hate MS and its interference with life, I can't allow myself to stay there. It takes too much energy out of me, doesn't help me feel better, and makes me miserable, along with everyone around me. So once in awhile, I allow it to take over, but have to move past it again.

Hope you get everything accomplished you want to today.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks, Kathy. Yes, I actually had a fairly productive day.

I submitted a bunch of insurance receipts; some from 2014. Tomorrow was the deadline. Nothing like procrastination. Spent a good long time, with Roy, working on that together. Thank goodness I have a techie hubby-man, to help me through some of that stuff. We should get a substantial check from our Flex account. That helps, somewhat, to keep our annual income taxes a little lower.

Maybe later this week, I can start on 2014 taxes. I'd rather me be accruing the interest than the government. It would've made sense to do them a month or two ago, since we'll likely get money back. Not as much as we used to, since we can't declare our kids as dependents anymore.

I also have a few appointments I need to make too. Annual one with Everence financial planner (after i fill out a form that's been languishing for awhile. And annual one with optometrist.

Went out to Pizza Hut for lunch, and ate PHut leftovers for supper. My son works there, and his family gets a 20% discount.

Guess I'm not going to get to Curves today. I took my daily two naps, and I didn't feel like it after that and all the computer stuff we had to mess with to submit those insurance things. Will try to get there Wed and Fri this week.

~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

mamab, glad your day actually went pretty well!

my 'i hate MS days & all the crude that goes with it!' are being coming almost daily events.
                  working on that. too bad i'm only productive on getting crocheting, reading & computer games done on those days!

so glad you're feeling too better!
                  your upbeat personality keeps a lot of people going, including me!
                  thanks for all you do and who you are!

take care & God bless ya!
                  "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Awww. Thanks Pooh.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hi Faith,

I hate MS, but agree that wallowing in self pity just ends up being counterproductive. Instead, it's more important for me to spend every ounce of my energy carrying on with life the best I can, despite fighting this disease every single day. But, we are all most certainly entitled to those kinds of days. This thing called MS and all it brings with it gets old. Real old.

Glad to hear you felt better today and managed to have a productive day, as well! Good to hear you also got your insurance info all together so you can submit it tomorrow, too! (Hadn't really even thought about it being March 31 til now).

Hope you make it Curves later this week and get everything else done that you need to in plenty of time.
                      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks, Kimba.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                        X