Tysabri and insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and insurance

I have been on tysabri for six years and hope to continue. Not many insurance brokers even know what tysabri is and I fear I will get the wrong supplemental insurance coverage. Just recently moved to florida.

Any advice appreciated.

I am in Florida. Unless the infusion is being given at one of the MS Centers, you will most likely be assigned to one of the Cancer Centers.

Contact Biogen, find out who/where your nearest infusion center is and then talk to two people. The Biogen Financial Rep and the Infusion Centers Insurance Agent (they all have one). They will be able to point you in the right direction concerning insurance coverage.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you, I will do that

Comment

Hi Mimi,
        if you are talking about supplemental insurance to Medicare.. any of the insurance's will be fine as long as you get "f" coverage. They will pay the 20% .
        Linda

Comment

I will get a broker to help

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
          Hi Mimi,
          if you are talking about supplemental insurance to Medicare.. any of the insurance's will be fine as long as you get "f" coverage. They will pay the 20% .
          Part F is part of social security or an outside source? I think I need to find a broker who can help.
          Thank you for information . I need to read more about this part d and part f....so confusing!

Comment

I agree with with getting a broker.
            Tysabri is not part of part D, prescriptions. Because it is an infusion it is part of part B.
            Good luck
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X