Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else in Seattle Freakin' Out That Their Beloved Neuro is Moving Out of State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else in Seattle Freakin' Out That Their Beloved Neuro is Moving Out of State?

I don't think it's sunk in yet that I have to change to a new doc
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Mine didn't move but retired last fall. Pure devastation! It's so hard when you build up a trusting relationship with a doctor and then all of a sudden. boom, it's gone.

Let's hope that a new doctor will do a good job for you. I'm still getting used to my new Dr, he's the total opposite of the old one. But don't have a choice, so onward we go...............

Comment

Originally posted by KitOP View Post
      Mine didn't move but retired last fall. Pure devastation! It's so hard when you build up a trusting relationship with a doctor and then all of a sudden. boom, it's gone.

Let's hope that a new doctor will do a good job for you. I'm still getting used to my new Dr, he's the total opposite of the old one. But don't have a choice, so onward we go...............
      Thanks Kit, hope all continues to go well with your new Doc.
      Seattle, WA
      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Likewise, mine retired at the end of 2014. I have 1st appointment in April with new neuro. After 9years with old neuro, really nervous. It is such an important relationship for us. I am in the middle of SSDI appeal, so timing is horrible. Just praying I get along OK with with new neuro...I hate the thought of a search for another.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It is frustrating when you lose that relationship with a doctor you trust, especially if you've been seeing that doctor for a long time.

SeamsGuy, who is your neuro in the Seattle area? If you need to look for someone new, I may have a recommendation or two (one personal... so far I really like mine, and one word of mouth from another dr (non neuro) that I respect.)
          Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Swedish Neurology?

My neuro, Dr. Lily Jung-Henson is leaving in May for Georgia. Is it she that you are talking about? I was pretty upset to hear it. I will be switching my care over to the Olympic Peninsula to a general neuro affiliated with Swedish here. Hopefully that will work out since I don't have too many deficits from my MS.

Comment

SeamsGuy, Andi B - as far as doctors at Swedish, I've gotten trusted recommendations for James Bowen with the Seattle MS center. I have not actually been to see him though so I can't say firsthand.

I am currently seeing Mariko Kita with Virginia Mason, and so far I've really liked her; I've found her to be very informative, responsive, and willing to both answer questions and listen to my concerns. She's given me lot of options for how we approach my treatment. I am pretty early in my MS journey overall so of course we'll see how things go if/when I start having more issues and require more in-depth care.

I'm sorry that your doc is moving out of state and I hope that you end up finding an equally good or even better relationship going forward.
              Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Originally posted by andi b View Post
                My neuro, Dr. Lily Jung-Henson is leaving in May for Georgia. Is it she that you are talking about? I was pretty upset to hear it. I will be switching my care over to the Olympic Peninsula to a general neuro affiliated with Swedish here. Hopefully that will work out since I don't have too many deficits from my MS.
                Originally posted by malaholic View Post
                SeamsGuy, Andi B - as far as doctors at Swedish, I've gotten trusted recommendations for James Bowen with the Seattle MS center. I have not actually been to see him though so I can't say firsthand.

I am currently seeing Mariko Kita with Virginia Mason, and so far I've really liked her; I've found her to be very informative, responsive, and willing to both answer questions and listen to my concerns. She's given me lot of options for how we approach my treatment. I am pretty early in my MS journey overall so of course we'll see how things go if/when I start having more issues and require more in-depth care.

I'm sorry that your doc is moving out of state and I hope that you end up finding an equally good or even better relationship going forward.
                Yep, it's her. Had my last appointment with her a couple weeks ago and still pretty bummed about the whole thing. She's recommended I see Dr. Bowen, and I'm waiting now to hear back from his scheduler.

Thanks.
                Seattle, WA

Comment

Hi SeamsGuy - I hope the scheduler contacts you soon and that all goes well with Dr. Bowen! I may ping you down the road sometime to find out how you like him. At some point I may be looking at a job change. If so I'll need to change docs too, as mine would no longer be in network.

Comment

Originally posted by malaholic View Post
                    Hi SeamsGuy - I hope the scheduler contacts you soon and that all goes well with Dr. Bowen! I may ping you down the road sometime to find out how you like him. At some point I may be looking at a job change. If so I'll need to change docs too, as mine would no longer be in network.
                    Sure, I'll try to remember keep you posted.
                    Seattle, WA

Comment

Working...
                    X