Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/26/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/26/15

Hi Everyone. Is it or isn’t it Spring. We had 5 inches of snow on Monday. I feel like I am going back in time! We must all keep in mind it is almost Easter which is a sure sign that Spring truly is here. It is time to try on spring and summer clothes and to see if they still fit. I hope some of you are pleasantly surprised to see they need to be taken in. Or in some cases if they still fit. If clothes are snug and you want to lose more weight recommit, make a pact with yourself. Review the reasons why you want to get rid of those unwanted pounds. Think of the health benefits. Think of not having to lug around extra weight. Think of how much better you will look in your clothes. Think of the good feeling about reaching your goal with your sense of accomplishment. Imagine friends especially those whom you have not seen for awhile telling you how well you look. Imagine standing in front of the mirror minus those pounds. Losing is a win win situation. Think positive. You can do it.

Good news. I lost half a pound this week, my goal, so now weigh 114.5, half a pound below my goal weight. I will try to lose another half a pound this week as a buffer.

Agate, sorry to hear you had to have another tooth extraction. The good news is that once again you stayed the same. You indicated that exercise is an important part of your life’s plan. That has certainly paid off for you. I am sure it is an important factor in your overall long-term success. Keep doing all that you are doing.

Mamabug, again you are going in the right direction. I hear you when you say you dislike exercising but you should give yourself great credit for exercising twice a week in spite of it. It is so important for overall health including muscle strength. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, Excellent. You are definitely on the right path. You should get a prize for doing your exercises regularly. Volleyball will only add to your progress. Keep doing what you are doing.

Malaholic, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are doing well in all things.

hlburke87, I hope you are continuing to do so well and that we will hear from you when you have a scale available. Actually we would love to hear from you even if you can’t weigh.

Poohb3ar, sorry you are going to need to take a hiatus. We will miss you. But you do need to do what is best at the moment. I hope you will drop in and say hi once in awhile. Very best wishes.

Portia, you definitely made progress and should be congratulated. I’m sorry you had a rough work week but you lost in spite of it. I do hope you can get back to PT. I know it can be a pain but it is so worth it. Keep up the momentum.

Msgijo, it is good to hear from you. We would be more than happy to follow you on your exercise plan. Exercise is so important for all of us even when we don’t feel motivated to do it. Credit should be given to those of us who persevere. Do keep us informed.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Remember to read total nutritional labels. Some foods make a point of emphasizing low fat content. Take that with a grain of salt to quote an old cliche’. Too often excess salt and sugar are added to compensate for less fat. Healthy fat such as olive oil, nuts, avocado should be part of a weight losing plan but must be used in moderation.

Weight loss Results for 3-19-15:

Total Loss:

3.1 pounds by four members. That is excellent. It is proof positive that it can be done. Four people are an inspiration for us all. May we all continue to see the numbers go down.

Total Gain:

0 pounds by all members. I hope people aren’t avoiding facing the truth. Reporting gains is a warning sign to all who struggle. Reporting gains is an indication that goals are being taken seriously.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3690.0 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 350 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Stayed the same

3/26: 134.8 lbs
    3/19: 134.8 lbs

I am really frustrated with my slow, if any progress. I, actually, jumped up to about 139 for no known reason one or two days this week, but, then inexplicably went down again, and ended up with no change since last week. I used to think I understood my body's response to weight loss, but, lately, I'm just confused.

Am considering taking a diet break; maybe for a week or two, or maybe until summer. I'll still stay, at least usually, in my BMR range. But, not try to go below that 5 days per week, as I am now. And, I might add in a few splurge days. I used to do that, during my 12 month diet, intentionally. Just to confuse the body and jump my metabolism. I hadn't remembered those splurge days until recently.

I'm also wondering if I need a calorie count check. Not motivated to do that now, but, again, maybe in summer. Changing things up in these ways may be the jump that my body needs, and it would probably be good for my motivation too.

We'll see what happens this week, and I'll let you know during next week's post.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm up from 213.4 to 214.1, so up .7 lbs.

Bad news is that, while playing volleyball last week, I fractured my finger and detached the tendon, so I have to wear a splint for 8 weeks. So my volleyball season is over just 2 weeks after it started.

Good news is that it's my left hand, so I'm not totally up a creek.

But that kind of killed my motivation again, hence the stress eating and subsequent weight gain.

But I still have a bridesmaid dress to fit into, so I just have to keep on going!

Comment

164.2 this week, down .2.
        Portia

Comment

humph

not sure where to post this. I WANT to care about the weight loss. I can't seem to dredge up any concern. How do you guys do it? I am obese. I know that. I have to use a cane, I stumble, I get incredibly dizzy with every head movement... I just cannot seem to make myself care.

what have you in this group done to "make it matter"?

karen
          You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Wow, yeah. How to make ourselves care. Or, at least, care enough to be motivated to lose the weight. I wish I could bottle motivation and sell it. I'd be rich.

I was obese too. I tried, off an on, for years, to lose weight. Sort of. I'd lose 10 or 15 pounds a year, then plateau, quit, and gain it back. Finally, I had two major events coming up -- a 30 year reunion and my daughter's wedding, both in about a year. I had an acquaintance that I knew who had lost 50 pounds without exercising, and that was the ticket. I hated exercise, and decided that I didn't want to attend the reunion weighing twice what I'd weighed in college, and i didn't want to attend the wedding wearing a tent. So, I lost 60 pounds in a year. I did it by creating my own diet, based on good nutrition and calorie cycling techniques.

I know somebody else who had needed to lose a significant amount of weight for a long time, but also had no intent or motivation to do it. For her, it was her doctor and her health. She lost more than I did, and quicker than I did. She did it by joining Curves and following all their diet and exercise recommendations.

There isn't just one reason to lose weight. Or, one method. Somehow, we have to find our own reason and our own path. Hope you can find yours.

I've maintained most of my 2010 - 2011 weight loss. Gained back about 14 pounds, following 2 rounds of steroids. Haven't been able to lose it this time. I'm a few years older, been through menopause this time, etc. It's harder now. But, I'm still not obese, or even overweight. Just a little heavier than my ideal weight, according to weight charts for my height and build. Has to be a lifetime commitment, not just a weight loss plan that you abandon when you reach it, or you won't keep it off.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by zilphia01 View Post
              not sure where to post this. I WANT to care about the weight loss. I can't seem to dredge up any concern. How do you guys do it? I am obese. I know that. I have to use a cane, I stumble, I get incredibly dizzy with every head movement... I just cannot seem to make myself care.

what have you in this group done to "make it matter"?

karen
              what have you in this group done to make it matter?

Hi zilphia01. Sorry I am late to respond but was in the hospital for a couple of days. I am concerned when you say you are having a problem making yourself care about losing weight. You might consider counseling since this seems to be a major issue in your function. Another consideration is to join a group like Curves which was suggested or Weight Watchers which has a great track record.

We on this post would support you all the way. This post has been here for 13 years and the amount lost in total is almost 1.75 tons. Tell yourself how much better you will feel with less weight and how much healthier you will be. Losing weight is a win win situation. We are here for you. Blessings, Karen

Comment

I suppose it is time to 'fess up for what I did last week? Well I am ashamed to admit that my 1st week here was a washout . I was SO exhausted last week. Even the thought of replacing the batteries in the Wii was too much of an effort. At least I didn't overeat - a sandwich was too much trouble .

Today I felt a little better and the local HS started their annual plant sale today, so my mom and I went to that. I was so disappointed - it was nowhere near as good as last year's. So I spent the day running my mom around - and I will claim that as exercise for today! She is kinda like the energizer bunny on speed when it comes to shopping .

Mamabug - I like your thoughts on motivation, but while you are inventing that if you run across a potion for ENERGY please let me know - I will buy that patten from you. And if the motivation potion works on exercise then I will pre-order a couple of cases of that too!

zilphia01 - MY motivation to diet was the fact that I found out that I am diabetic, and I watched my grandmother go thru dialysis and then amputate her leg before she died - from complications of diabetics. My thoughts were that I have MS, and cant do anything to stop that (I know DMD's, but really?), but that I could do something to change the path of my diabetes. Good luck on the motivation.

Comment

zilphia01, I'm like msgijo in being motivated by diabetes to lose weight. I was obese and thought I was getting away with it, I guess. I wasn't at all happy about the excess lbs. (100 excess lbs. to be exact) but somehow didn't do much to get rid of any of it. I'd never been overweight until MS came along, but in the years just after my diagnosis I really put it on. My mobility was impaired, and so I wasn't doing much. Except eat, probably.

In 1984 I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and told I had to lose weight. The doctor came into his examining room with the news, carrying a 1,000 calorie diet under his arm.

That didn't seem fair! I already had MS! I wasn't about to take insulin shots if I could help it or go blind or get kidney failure on account of diabetes, which my grandfather had had.

I lost the weight. I kept it off. I still count calories each day and weigh food. I felt ever so much better after losing the weight--more energy, needed less rest, better mobility.

As time went on I lost my appetite for rich foods.

Eating more food cost more, and decent-looking clothes were harder to find.

I'm still at 115 this week, still exercising. The pedometer tells me I'm taking only about 2,000 steps a day on average.
                  MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
                  X