Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did I stop walking.

Originally posted by Stacer View Post
    I haven't been here in a while. My name is Stacey, and I'm 40 years old. I've been using a scooter for about 6 years now when I leave the house. I get by with my walker inside. Lately, I'm really struggling with the walker. My legs are weaker and more numb. I also feel the numbness creeping into my back and torso. Are my "walking" days numbered? For those that no longer walk, can you tell me how it happened? Trying to stay positive but want to be prepared.
    I find the beneficial fact for us is the time that it takes. What a couple years from walking "walls" to the walker to the scooter. That gives time to move on to the next. You might argue that this is beneficial or not that's fine. So I've found it a
    plus. And get this to, like most I did not even know much about Walkers and knew less about Scooters. At the time you start to consider them Mandy through Physical Therapy.

Comment

I am primary progressive, and it only took about six years for me to be in a wheelchair, but I was also in limbo for seven years. While I can do so much more with my chair than I could walking, I would much rather be able to walk. Progressing down the road of assistive devices, please remember that they are there to help you do more.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Have you tried Ampyra?

Ampyra helps with my walking and a nice side effect is that it gives me energy.

I had a real bad time in January and could not move one leg but it has come back somewhat and I can move around again on two feet. I also have a Wlkaide which sometimes helps a lot and sometimes not as much.

I have a farm and for the past 5 years I have taken on field work that I can do crawling.(picking veggies cutting flowers, digging potatoes...the farm is big and I can crawl and work for hours!)

The rituxan I do helps me stay on my feet. So far the Ampyra and rituxan have been working but it seems things are sliding. But I am experienced enough to know that I have small recoveries after bad times and things go on. However, these days I plan for the possibility that my dragging legs will stop. Planning ahead makes sudden periods of being unable to walk less dramatic.

Good luck. Good question.
        "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Working...
        X