Low platelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low platelets

I did a blood test in the lab at my doctor's office. The results were reviewed by my neurologist and he called me to tell me that my platelets were slightly low. He said that low platelets would not normally be a problem but he has been keeping track of the levels. It may be a problem since the numbers have been decreasing over the past 6 months. I have had my blood tested several times in the last 6 months and the platelet count has slowly, steadily decreased. I wonder what's going on and what can I do to fix it?

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
    I did a blood test in the lab at my doctor's office. The results were reviewed by my neurologist and he called me to tell me that my platelets were slightly low. He said that low platelets would not normally be a problem but he has been keeping track of the levels. It may be a problem since the numbers have been decreasing over the past 6 months. I have had my blood tested several times in the last 6 months and the platelet count has slowly, steadily decreased. I wonder what's going on and what can I do to fix it?
    Jerry I've had low platelets for years. Been told to just keep an eye on it not really anything you can do to fix it. I usually run 110 to 130.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to stress about it, but I see that you had some numbers to give you a reference point. I don't have any numbers ! I hope that my docs are aware of how important the numbers are to ME ! I will be calling and emailing the docs office asap and often until I see the numbers.

Comment

Working...
      X