Looking for clarification on lesions - new MS patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for clarification on lesions - new MS patient

I was diagnosed with MS in June 2014 and had a full battery of baseline MRI's performed. I started Tysabri in Sept and went in for my 6 month set of MRI's today. The neuro spotted 4 "new" lesions in my brain. None of these lesions were "active" with contrast. When I asked my neuro when these may have occurred he said the last 4-6 weeks. But I thought only "active" lesions could be dated within 4-6 weeks of activity.

Wondering if it is possible that 1) these lesions actually developed between June and Sept when my MS was active but I wasn't undergoing treatment or 2) during the 4 months that it takes for Tysabri to become therapeutic? I should mention that I have had no new symptoms since my diagnosis in June.

Now he has me undergoing a test to see if I am creating antibodies to fight the Tysabri which seems a bit premature since I just had my 7th treatment and only have been at therapeutic levels for 1-3 months. I don't have a great relationship with my neuro and he is very short during our visits. Things just aren't adding up so I'm looking to this group for any insight I can get. Thank you!

Hi mommiehood,

Sorry to hear about the new lesions, glad there are no new symptoms
    Ask the neuro why he believes they are relatively new. Other than active lesions,
    I wasn't aware that there was a way to tell.

Keep in mind that an MRI is a snapshot in time. Lesions can come and go. Nothing better
    illustrates that than this article (which I've posted a bunch in situations like this...and though I've posted the link a lot, every time I go to find it, I sit and watch the time lapse images again, it's just fascinating to me that all that could be going on without any notice of symptoms changing.)

http://www.msdiscovery.org/news/news...more-meets-eye

Comment

Working...
    X