Trying not to freak out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying not to freak out

I have been having tremors, off and on, for months (along with a ton of other annoying symptoms). About a month ago I decided to actually see a doctor about the tremors, and she referred me to a neurologist.

I was very through, I wrote down all my symptoms, even ones I didn't think were related to anything. Kept a log of my tremors and brought all my latest lab results (The secretary kept praising my name for how through I was).

Some of the tremors he thinks is just essential tremors, it does run in my family, but then he said he wanted an MRI to test for MS because of my tremors, tingling arms, and fatigue (among others I'm sure, but he only mentioned those). My fatigue is off the charts, sometimes. I can't remember when I wasn't fatigued! I just assumed the fatigue was fibromyalgia or med related (psych meds, yo), but maybe not?

I had my MRI last week. It's amazing how much you move/want to swallow until you're told to stay still for 30 minutes! I got the images on CD to take to him, and of course I had to look at them.

I'm trying really hard to not freak out and relax. I don't see anything obvious on my images, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. At least one of my images is almost identical to one I found through Google, of an actually diagnosed MS patient. I can hardly stop looking at my MRI, it's just so tempting to scrutinize and wonder what that bright spot is or that little black hole is.

I just want to KNOW. If I have MS, okay, I'll deal (I'm already dealing with diabetes, bipolar disorder, and fibromyalgia, and a bad knee). If I don't, well that's good too, but then what is my problem? Am I just a crazy hypochondriac? I feel like one!

My followup appointment is tomorrow. That's not far away, and then I'll know something. My husband doesn't understand, he's very supportive while being totally unsupportive at the exact same time. He's not good with reassurance, sometimes I just want to be told that everything will be all right and that he'll still love me, regardless if I have MS along with all my other problems or not.

Please tell me things are going to be okay and to stop freaking out. Lie if you have to.

NO lie,
    You'll be OK.
    It seems like you're proactive & aware of what's going on with your body. Knowing is important & you're on the right road.
    Fingers crossed for you.

Tina
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Beware of googling MS imaging as often it shows imaging of other things. So please do not jump to conclusions. You may just have migraines, silent ones at that. If in fact you do have MS, that will be OK too. Many of us have a list of diagnoses. The good news is he/she didn't call you right away after they got the results of the MRI, which is usually the case if you have it.

I hope the news is good for you tomorrow. Tonight watch something good on TV that takes your mind off of it. STAY OFF OF DR GOOGLE!! Stay off of the internet for that matter, just update us tomorrow! Take some anti-anxiety meds and chill out on the couch till you can go to bed.

We will C U Tomorrow!
      Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Limbo is a horrible place to be in, as I am waiting on my MRI results as well, but Dr. Google is even more evil. Did your neuro run blood tests? I had some very similar symptoms of fatigue, numbness and tingling, and I have essential tremor, but as this neuro found out I also had some vitamin deficiencies. This can often be mimics as I did my research. After replacing my vitamin b12 it has helped my fatigue a little. Like everyone has said no matter what happens you will be okay. My neuro told me lots of things can cause those little white dots so I have kept that in mind while waiting. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
        X