Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction - MS'r from Belgium

Hello all,

My name is Greg, I am a quiter from the air force after 9 years - 1990-1999 and currently working for the Army at SHAPE Belgium. Was diagnosed in 2004 with RRMS and SPMS in 2014. At the mooment my employer is trying to fire me based on performance. They are aware of my condition and have made vailed attempts to accomadate me. I have put in for disability retirement so that wait is on. My employer has put me on paid Admin leave - not bad but I rather work for my paycheck. I have given exactly half of my life to the service of our Country. The VA rated me SC 90%, but I do have claims in since 2014 to get the 100%. I am married for almost 22 years and have a set of twin 18 year old boys who be starting college this fall. I am glad that I found this forum. Again, Hello
    Gregory S. Wilcox
    Regular Guy with MS

Hello and welcome to MSWorld. It is sad what MS takes away from our lives. That sense of having "a purpose".

Thank you for your service to your country. Whether it's in Belgium or anywhere, the citizens certainly appreciate your dedication to the military.

I sure hope that you can get your retirement. Perhaps after that is all said and done you can find another type of employment that you can keep yourself busy. I know that I can speak for many of us that all of a sudden finding ourselves without a job is quite a jolt. And I know that many have gone on to find little part time jobs, perhaps something that is associated with a favorite hobby, that can be fun and fulfilling. Or even volunteer work.

Again, welcome and keep posting!

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD GREG! We are very glad you are here. Any questions you might have, please ask, the only dumb question is the one not asked. Thank you for your service also. Take a look around and familiarize yourself with both the forums and the chat schedule ( I don't know timewise what the difference is). I hope that you find something to occupy your time. Good luck
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by Wilcoxg View Post
        I have put in for disability retirement so that wait is on. My employer has put me on paid Admin leave - not bad but I rather work for my paycheck. I have given exactly half of my life to the service of our Country. The VA rated me SC 90%, but I do have claims in since 2014 to get the 100%.
        You have earned your paycheck...you are entitled to it. Don't ever think otherwise. I hope you get that 100% soon too.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X