No announcement yet.

I am the living dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wondering how you are. So glad you posted. You have a good head on your shoulders. You are telling it like it is. I'm so sorry your husband is suffering, too. You are very fortunate because many spouses refuse to be caregivers.

It may not be possible to make your house accessible but it might be possible to make the garage feel more like a home. I sense that you have no plumbing there. A bathroom and a little kitchen would help a lot.

I really think you need your kitty and your bunny rabbit. Maybe someone on craigslist would like to give you one. They could sit right by your bed and you could feed them.

As for the poop, I really understand it's not that easy to just use a commode or bedpan. I don't even know when it is coming out (the poop that is) because I have no sensation. It's impossible to control something when you can't feel it. Thank goodness it doesn't happen all the time but my body sometimes decides to unload while I'm sleeping.

Now this suggestion you may not like but I believe it will help. Try fasting. You could go on a diet of clear liquids for a week. You will kill two birds with one stone. You will give your husband a break and lighten your load by taking off pounds. Then, introduce some grains to keep up your strength. I found quinoa to be really good for my system. I cook it with chicken broth, then sautee it in canola oil and fresh broccoli. Then, if you need a snack have some fruit. Blueberries, oranges, pineapple spears...

I think all the medications we have to take make our poop stink. Mine never used to stink up the bathroom but that has changed. ENOUGH ABOUT POOP.

I just hope you can find a path to bring some sunshine into your life. It won't be easy. I believe NNMS has respite programs for caregivers. Just keep Googling and calling until you find some assistance.

My little cousin, whose mother had a very severe form of MS, is planning an intentional community so people with MS can share caregivers, live around nature and have bunny rabbits.

Comment

I'm so sorry

I just saw that there were a bunch of replies and they are very touching. So much has been going on. I fought to have more OT and lost. The OT gal came here and discharged me and said I had met most goals but couldn't look me in the eye when she said it because it wasn't true. Supposedly I'm getting more PT approved for another month or more, hopefully more. I plan on getting my own parallel bars but my DH is having lots of back problems with taking care of me.

The cat is back. She just showed up downstairs one day, in the house. She had just gotten herself stuck somewhere. She didn't get free til she lost some weight. She wasn't even dehydrated! I guess our house has crawlspaces somewhere. What a blessed relief.

Our house isn't a pee filled barn of rabbits, you can't even smell a single bunny and we have lots, we're a bunny sanctuary. Right now I have a sick bunny who has to stay with 24/7 so I can handfeed him food and water, DH will have to take him to the vet this week to say goodbye, his left side is paralyzed & he was sickly before that happened. This is very sad. And of course the first Easter without my special bun boy is very hard. But then there's our special girl bun who just turned 17. Boy that's a special bond there. And yes, rabbits have loads of personality and make strong bonds with their people.

My girl GSD was very sick & nearly died but she's on the mend & that is very heartening.

I haven't been to my doctor in over two years now. But I will plan on going soon. I haven't seen my folks in over a year and my dad just turned 80. They're out of county so I guess I'll never see them again. They don't drive and we don't have a handicapped van. My DH is giving me a bed bath now and then but this is so hard on his back. So I don't know if the parallel bars will put him in a wheelchair.

My DH has gotten a little better with changing me without throwing up. There is only one thing that seems to make me smile and that's to watch my Elvis concert DVDs. Please don't tease me, I've always been a huge fan and his gorgeous face and voice make me smile & nothing else does, I don't see my other dogs but maybe once a week.

Everything sucks and is never going to get any better, only worse. Home PT isn't cutting it and if I have to go to outpatient, that will be the hardest ever, it won't be worth it.

So I'll turn on notifications for this post but there isn't anything anyone can say to help or I know you would.
      ---------------
      "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
      X