Change of weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of weather

Does anybody get affected by the change of weather? It seems like the last two weeks I'm getting an increase of tingles in my left limbs. I just went to my family doctor for a sinus infection that started 3 days ago. Might be the sinus infection or the change of weather. Last fall I got nailed with the not so fun tingles. Maybe it's just the change of seasons. Can't wait till summer when my lesions start smoking!!!!!!! Humor cures all!!!!!!!!

Larry
    If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

I have problems with both cold weather which makes everything stiff, more joint pain and numb, painful, cold lower legs.

In warmer summer weather I'm slayed with fatigue, and intermittent paralysis when my core body temps aren't regulated properly. Paralysis in arms happens in winter when arms lose function in coat sleeves, and summer heat.

Don't know if this describes your weather related problems, but I hope things improve for you soon.

Comment

It never fails when the seasons change I feel really out of sorts and tired the first few days. It gets pretty bad as far as the fatigue but it goes away. I just know to be prepared.

Comment

I do not have problems with weather changes as the seasons change, but when it is cold I am also much stiffer. The warm I tolerate much better. I like heat, 85° and higher is fine with me as long as it is not humid.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

For the last couple of years the cold weather has bothered me - a lot. Not sure if it is SAD related or just the weather, but I can pretty much count on fatigue hitting the first of January and hanging around until April or so. I feel like a bear. I just want to crawl in a dark cave, snuggle down and SLEEP. It seems that I cannot get warm, even if it is warm in the house. I am sure that I cause part of my problems by staying bundled up in an over warm house, therefore causing my core body temp to get too high, but for me the cold feeling is nothing but miserable.

The spring is the best time for me - not too hot and not too cold. Generally people are so happy that 'winter' is over that they will not think to run heaters .

The fall bothers me some too but I think that is more due to PEOPLE who are being irrational. All summer long everyone is complaining about the heat and turning Ac's on full blast. Then when it finally starts cooling down - not cold mind you - they immediately start the heaters up to the same temperature they were fussing about the week before .

I always loved the summer. It isn't as nice to me now, but I do manage better than in the winter. I try to go out only in the cooler parts of the day and limit my time outside. Of course there are times when that isn't possible but I can still deal with the heat better.

Comment

hey Larry K

I had a sinus infection twice already this year! I ended up with a MAJOR relapse, worse one I have ever had. I had another MRI, found out I have yet another Lesion.

I'm unsure whether or not that relapse had something to do with the infections or if it was a true relapse. Either way, yes, change in weather always messes with me! This time, I was unable to walk at times, unable to get worse out (I cried over that one, very frustrating), muscle spasms were very, very intense and extremely painful.

In the fall, when the humidity really kicks in here in the UP, I'm hit with massive fatigue.

I don't know. I'm quite the 'Negative Nancy' lately. grr.

Krista

Comment

There is no doubt that weather has an impact. I suffer so much from the heat I am throwing all my belongings in a trailer and moving north. Winter didn't come this year. The days have been over 80 without relief. It hasn't rained in 10 years. Yet my next door neighbor, who I share an attic with, turns on his huge gas heater full blast as soon as the nights drop below 60. I'm lying there in my bed sweltering with a huge AC in my bedroom going full blast.

Spring is the worst for me. The only redeeming factor is that other people are in a good mood. When the weather is cold, I snuggle up and hibernate. I love that feeling. Then when the heat starts my body is just one big inflammation. Muscles and joints hurt, ankles swell and I'm not a happy camper. SUmmer starts with SU just like SUffering.

By August, everyone who is not on vacation is really cranky. And if you need anything forget it because everyone is on vacation. The store shelves are ravaged and will stay that way because the store stockers go on vacation in September.

Then we get wind. Hurricane force wind coming from the north that is dry as a bone and blows dust on everything. I used to enjoy that time of year because the winds were gentle and they brought beautiful balmy sunsets. But I agree that weather changes cause the most difficulty.

Comment

Working...
              X