hospitalized again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hospitalized again

After my Ty infusion this Wednesday I started having numb legs from the waist down. I mentioned it to the nurse who thought nothing of it but was determined to have me walk with my walker out of there. I was paralyzed from the waist down. It finally occurred for someone to get a wheelchair. So I was paralyzed all night and had to have my husband bring me to PT at 7:30. They immediately called my neurologist and she wanted me to the ER soon

I went by ambulance and after being looked over by 4 neurologists I was officially paralyzed and had ON to boot.

They are calling this episode transverse myelitis. Somewhere between t8 and 10

I am enjoying my steroid cocktail...up at three am what's new

Hope everyone else is doing the best we can
    Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Sorry to hear you're back in hospital Lisa. What horrible luck. I hope the steroids get things under control really quickly.

I've just got out of hospital today after a week's stay, the third in nine months. Definitely NOT my favourite way to spend a week. Now it's yet another MRI this coming week. :-(

Comment

I hope all of us can hold you up. We can carry you on a throne, maybe one with wheels. I'm really praying that it is not the thing we who are on Tysabri all fear.

My Tysabri was today, also. I've had many times that I haven't felt well after the infusion and wondered what they would do if I needed to stay the night. But the nurses are always looking at their watches trying to pry me out of there. With something so dramatic as paralysis from the waist down, it's amazing the way they tried to force you to walk.

Just a big hug, a real big hug. If it is allowed under site guidelines, I'd like to offer to come help out in any way I can.

Comment

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry. I am praying for a speedy recovery.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Lisa- I am so sorry that you are going through yet another tough time. I hope and pray that you have a complete recovery. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Comment

that stinks!!!

you've spent too much time inthe hospital! i'm sooo sorry you're there again!
            bad MonSter!!!

praying you're better soon. being paralyzed is no fun. hopefully the PT will get you up & going again soon.

do take care & God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I'm curious why the infusion nurses didn't contact your MS neuro at the time of onset of your paralysis post TY infusion? After, that's the purpose for the 1hr post infusion waiting period. What were they thinking???

So sorry to hear you're on the MS skids yet again.

Comment

You are having a bloody hard time, you poor bugger. Full sympathies. Transverse myelitis is .. Oh well, here's hoping those 'roids work, and you don't have it.
                Thank you for posting, because so many people just disappear from the boards and we don't know what is happening.
                And I do care.

Comment

Lisa, I sure hated to see that you are going through so much again.

I hope that they are treating you well, lots of TLC. Here's to a short stay and that you can go home very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                    Thank you for posting, because so many people just disappear from the boards and we don't know what is happening.
                    And I do care.
                    I care too. I am very hesitant to post much anymore...I am not in the positive and hopeful group. No unicorns living in my back yard. But I will post when needed...and I think this is needed.

Lisa-I am in a flare too...but it looks like I am going to get home care. What the heck is going on? So many of us right now.

I want you to know in 2005, I had BOTH a major flare and spinal meningitis. It was unbelievable. I am surprised I survived. So I understand sort of what you are going through. TM...geezo peezo.

You have a lot of therapy ahead and its going to be rough.

But Darlin'...you are a fighter. And I think a stay in the hospital will be good for you because you need to destress and rest.

Bring on the ROIDS...and lots of them. And when you are feeling better...want you to go back to that Nurse and cream their corn...at least verbally. Good Lord.

Here is to you feeling right as rain real soon. ((((REALLY BIG HUGS))))
                    Katie
                    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                    "My MS is a Journey for One."
                    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Dear Lisa - How are you feeling today? Better I hope. Keep that fighting spirit alive and know we're all pulling for you!

Sending lots of , , and HUGS!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Lisa,
                        I am keeping you in my prayers. I feel really badly for you. Your posts have always 'boosted' my spirits. I 'hope' that you come out of the hospital, soon. Feeling better than when you went in. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                          Dear Lisa - How are you feeling today? Better I hope. Keep that fighting spirit alive and know we're all pulling for you!

Sending lots of , , and HUGS!
                          Not much better I am afraid. PT came in to see me and had me walk 5 steps with a walker with them moving my feet. I held myself up with my forearms and elbows. I'm sure there's a point to this, just not feeling it now.

Thanks for asking
                          Lisa
                          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                          Tysabri

Comment

I'm so, so sorry. This breaks my heart. I'm really hoping the 'roids do the trick so you can start to benefit from the PT.

Big hugs, Lisa.
                            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Oh dear, ENUFF!!

Sorry I missed this post, been dealing with two friends on cancer site who are literally dying.

But that is no excuse for YOU, my dear, matter to me!!

Did you report those nurses who insisted you walk? I would.

Know that the MSWorld posse sending you the necessary strength
                              both physical and spiritual! Let us continue to help you forge onward!!

Take my love to continue to get through this struggle.

Gentle hugs, Jan
                              I believe in miracles~!
                              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
                              X