GILENYA AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GILENYA AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

I went to my PCP to get refills on my rx's and my blood pressure was high. I am always around the 120/80 area but today it was 166/96. That's high for me. Has anyone else noticed a spike in your blood pressure? This was the first time my blood pressure has been taken since I started Gilenya this seemed a little odd to me.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I had to go off G after six weeks because my blood pressure became dangerously high. I was always a low BP girl in the 110/60 range. Began having. Aside headaches and spectacular nosebleeds. Diastolic was regularly over 100 so they put me on BP meds to try to keep me on G.

I felt awful still and even on BP meds my pressure was on the high side of normal so we stopped G. Next step was Tec. IT failed me and now I'm awaiting my second round of rituximab which has finally put the MonSter back to sleep.

Good luck!!
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

My blood pressure is at a normal low and still is on gilenya for almost 3 yrs. We are all different, so I am sorry if your bp is high.

TS dx RRMS, 1995

Comment

GILENYA AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE-Yes.

My Neuro stopped this med due to fluid retention, chest pain, and high blood pressure. He seemed very concerned. I felt so good while I was on it that I was very disappointed to be taken off of it. Once I was off, I noticed my blood counts were down so maybe it was for the best. I'm now on Plegridy and doing OK.

Sorry you are having med problems.

Comment

[QUOTE=tspaulding;1473986]My blood pressure is at a normal low and still is on gilenya for almost 3 yrs. We are all different, so I am sorry if your bp is high

OK I spoke too soon, my BP slightly high at recent appt, but ok.

TS dx RRMS in 95

Comment

Working...
          X