Tecfidera /bowel movements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera /bowel movements

I think I have posted this question previously. If so I apologize. I have been taking tecfidera for 7 months . Pretty well tolerated except for frequent softer than normal bowel movements. Neurologist does not think this is from the tecfidera. Will see PCP tomorrow but I'm sure she won't have a clue.
    Just curious if others have this problem. Hope to here from others before my appointment tomorrow.
    Thanks for listening.

Loose bowel movements

This is a very timely post. I have been on Tecfidera for about 10 months. For the most part I have done well with minimal side effects. Lately though I have had some bowel issues. Once a week for each of the last 3 weeks I have had what I politely call "potty problems." The 1st time I thought it was a food reaction. The next 2 times I could not relate it to food at all and have begun considering whether this is a MS issue or a Tecfidera issue. I have a neuro appointment next month and will try to remember to bring this subject up then. I will be happy to share any information I get. Good luck to you.

Comment

I have read that tecfidera and gilanya have side effect of diarrhea, usually in the beginning of taking the med.

I am on gilenya and had that problem for first 2 wks or if I am late on a dose.

Good luck, TS dx 1995 RRMS

Comment

I have been on Tec for 2 months. Prior to this, I was permanently constipated without Senna despite drinking 6 pints of water a day. Since I've been on Tec, I have normal BM's !! So it has certainly made my BM's looser. Eww its a horrid subject but when you have MS, a lot of taboo stuffseems to fly out of the window :eek

Comment

Working...
        X