So Sorry...another Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sorry...another Question

Are there other Active MS Forums on the net to include Facebook? I dont have a FaceBook Account, but will start one if necessary.

Any suggestions. I found Active MSers...but am in search of others. I like Wheelchair Kamikaze and Richard Cohen's Blog. The candor is much appreciated. Any other blogs that I can research?

If anyone knows of any...I sure would appreciate your input.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

KatieAgain,

Have you tried Patients Like Me? There is an MS branch there, although they cover lots of medical diagnoses. I don't use it as much as MS Forum, but I have gleaned some good information there.
    There are FaceBook groups called "Women with MS", "Face of MS", "MS Recovery", "MS Friends" but they are all closed groups, and I don't do closed groups. Reminds me too much of the clicks we had in high school, and I never seemed to be "the chosen one". There are also a lot of groups for Tysabri, but once again they are all closed groups. Hope this helps.

Comment

Let me add that I've never felt the need to join the FaceBook groups for MS because I feel I really get the quality information and intelligent dialog I need from MS Forum. If this was lacking, I might feel so inclined. For now I use FB only for following and communicating with fellow cat lovers who enjoy watching "kitten cams"

Comment

I just found Patients Like Me yesterday. Its a little difficult to navigate the forum. Actually it is a lot difficult to Navigate the forum. You also have to be careful what you disclose.

But I did find some cool stuff on there like a chart that pinpoints lesion locations and symptoms. Nice reference materials.

I also found some people that use to hang out here. They had PM Capability...which I liked.

Agree with you about the closed facebook groups. Thanks.

Someone told me about MSConnections or something so I might look that up. I am going to keep looking.
        Katie

Comment

Katie - we have a list of MS support groups in our Resource Center http://resourcecenter.msworld.org/li...ort-groups/#ms

this will give you more to go on and hopefully, you'll find what you're looking for
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

KatieAgain,

I agree on the need for discretion on PLM. I've found "some" (actually quite a few) have an agenda they are trying to advance and relish their "knowledge". I do like the PM system and am helping another individual with her WaterWell pool. We now communicate strictly through email. I'm not sure why its so difficult here.

Comment

Facebook groups are private for a reason

Just an FYI…the Facebook groups are typically closed to protect the privacy of members rather than exclude anyone. When you post or comment in a closed Facebook group, only the members of the group can see what you wrote. If the groups were public, everyone you are friends with on Facebook could see your posts and comments to the MS group. I know I am not comfortable sharing my daily struggles and issues with MS with everyone I'm friends with on Facebook. Just my two cents.

Comment

Hi KatieAgain,

You might check out NeuroTalk and see if interests you. There is a MS Forum.
                http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                  Hi KatieAgain,

You might check out NeuroTalk and see if interests you. There is a MS Forum.
                  http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/
                  Snoopy...Thank-you! This was exactly what I was looking for.
                  Katie

Comment

Thanks, Snoopy! I just signed up too. I'm always looking for new resources, and this one looks like a good one!

Comment

KatieAgain and ru4cats,

You are both welcome.

I look forward to your Threads/posts.
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
                      X