rituximab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rituximab

Has anyone heard of this treatment for MS? My friend is starting it in May and wanted to know if I would do it with her.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

I was searching for people's experience with Rituximab - to hear my doctor tell it, lots of MS patients are on it and its great. I am surprised no one chimed in.

There is a lot of information on the web. I have downloaded 42 pages so far! Just wanted to see what people actually on it think. Know there are a few posts where people are on it. Maybe you can put it in the search and find the posts.

Hope your friend has great luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LL60 View Post
      I was searching for people's experience with Rituximab - to hear my doctor tell it, lots of MS patients are on it and its great. I am surprised no one chimed in.

There is a lot of information on the web. I have downloaded 42 pages so far! Just wanted to see what people actually on it think. Know there are a few posts where people are on it. Maybe you can put it in the search and find the posts.

Hope your friend has great luck with it.
      I will chime in.

I am assigned to a Cancer Center for my Tysabri Infusions...I am very lucky in that regard.

Rituxan is not officially approved yet...but it looks like its going to get there. Right now, unless you are in the trials, it is only being approved for Compassionate Use and it is primarily patients coming off Tysabri. But, the FDA is being very generous in their Compassionate Use Program for this drug.

My doctors are all leaning toward Rituxan vs. Lemtrada right now. And the two patients I know that are on Rituxan are doing great.

It is important to note both Rituxan and Lemtrada do have PML risks, but that risk is significantly lower than Tysabri according to my oncologist...so that is third hand information. They have other risks as well...so you to educate yourself and decide the best course of action for you.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi,
        I am on Rituxan. I had my first 2 doses October 2014. I am due for my next dose in the next 3 months. My B cell count is still negative so it will probably be closer to July. I haven't had any problems with the first doses. I was coming off on Tysabri.

Comment

I have been on rituxan for several years. For me, it has been very effective.

Rituxan is an easy drug to take for me. I have no observable side effects and the infusions give me a noticeable boost. I am stronger and more active when I get the infusion. (I am a farmer so that means I still have a life with rituxan)

This is the third chemo I have done and all have been good so I am lucky.
          During infusions I read and when it is done I have no trouble at all driving home.
          Good luck!
          "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Rituxan did not work for me

I came off of Tysabri in 2008 & immediately went on Rituxan. It's a long day to get the infusions (like 6hrs). Unfortunately I never felt a benefit from it & while on it I continued to progress, which you are not supposed to do. No DMT has stopped my progression so far so take my experience with that in mind. It works for many but not everyone. Good luck to you. I hope it meets all your expectations!!
            ~jennifer
            1st symptom '94 Diagnosed 1999
            Progressive/Relapsing
            Copax/Rebif/Chemo/Tysabri/Rituxan
            Plasmapheresis/Steroids/Copax again/Tecfidera/Aubagio/Lemtrada start 10.5

Comment

Working...
            X