Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality of Life....what's your definition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JerryD,
    I’m completely serious, a company wanting maximize their win in no way means that they want to maximize your lose.
    There is no advantage for them for you to be sicker.
    Now you may need to point out how a win/win is better for their profits, personally I’m sure it did work for me.

On January 22, 2010 the FDA approved Ampyra (The MS walking med) a few week after that and an doctor visit I call my insurance and pointed out my increased mobility would decrease my odds in getting cost immobility health issues like strokes and diabetes.
    Although I don’t think my call/word alone did the trick, but by the end of February I started taking Ampyra. (Making my insurance one of the first to cover it.)

consider this; Even if that information is just going into a data base, that data base is just going to show them that customers with higher QOL have lower medical cost.

Plus let’s not take our feelings toward the company out on the employee asking us the questions.
    I for one work for a state university and the management has the bully-boss mentality and thinks it wins when employees lose.
    ( When in fact they lose with high turn-over rate, increase sick days and employees that are less productive.)
    And in spite that I seek win/win when dealing when co-workers, contractors and others, and as a result I get cooperation with others that leaves management baffled.
    My point being just like a good company could have a bad employee, so can a bad company have a good employee.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
      Marco,... how's that pump working for you?
      Like MS, the pump has finally been accepted into my life.
      Like life, the pump is not perfect, but it remains a miracle.
      My QoL has been greatly improved by the pump. I just want
      other technologies to help my MS friends until a cure is
      available. This disease can be a constant drubbing against
      our lives. It's all too easy to get caught up in the losses and
      forget about our blessings.

Thank you for asking and I wish you, and everybody else, well!

Comment

Hi rdmc,
        Seems to me that QOL would be unique for each, and relative to each situation.
        Not sure anyone could set a standard definition to measure.
        Surprising she would even disagree.

Even with extreme limitations, i (like everyone else here) try my best to deal with the loses - what choice is there but to do try

Hope yo are doing well!

Comment

Working...
        X