Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSDI and Medicare benefits

Attorney Rich Feingold,

Thank you for your help with SSDI and this forum.

I receive SSDI and currently am on my husbands health insurance plan through his work.

When he retires soon, we can't afford to pay for me to be on his plan anymore.

What coverage, if any, do I have for prescriptions and medical care, (doctor appointments) with SSDI and Medicare?

My Medicare card shows I am entitled to Hospital (Part A) benefits only.

Does that mean I have to apply and pay for myself to have prescription and doctor visits covered by Medicare?

Thank you for your help,
    Lynn
    DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

I moved this here as I thought it would get more attention from others.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Lynn - once you are off your husband's insurance and you want the best benefit from Medicare, you will pay for part B and part D (prescription coverage)

If you want you can get a supplement policy that will pick up from what Medicare does not cover.

I would suggest finding a good insurance agent in your area that is knowledgeable about Medicare to go over all the options.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you hunterd and KitOP.

I was wondering where my post was!

Does the attorney still respond to questions here?

Lynn
        DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

Comment

Hi Lynn - Rich does not answer posts in this forum. I will move it to his SS Disabiity forum! He will get back to you eventually!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X