this kid. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this kid. . .

I am at wit's end with A. Both her parents died in an auto wreck and everyone is giving her lots of leeway which of course I agree with too. Only when I see her it's like a cattle prod is put to my spine. She comes in, shrieking at the top of her lungs, throws her arms around me, touches everyone else she can lay her hands on (other kids' parents express disapproval) and I encourage her to recognize "bubble space" to no avail.

Yesterday she asked to put her hand in my fish tank and I spent a lot of time explaining about fishes' protective mucus, oil on hands, bacteria in water, soggy sleeves, afterward she submerged her entire arm into my poor little pelagic paradise. >.< I put my head on the wall and exclaimed "arrgg!!!" Fortunately she thought I was matching her crazy energy but it was raw frustration I couldn't censor. She basically touches, dismantles, or steals anything that isn't welded to the floor. I assume she's acting like this because she doesn't want to sit still long enough to feel anything but she is making me pretty miserable too.

My SO teaches and said just be honest with her and tell her you have a disease and it's hard to have a lot of noise so I said that the next day and she said "I doubt it."

WOW!

you deserve a medal or something for not wringing 'A's neck!
    it's awful that she's lost her parents. has or is she going to a therapist to work out the obvious emotional issues she has?
    you didn't say how old she is? but unless she's 2 or less, her actions are inappropriate. which i'm figuring she's older since she could reach your fish tank.
    BTW are the fish ok?

i don't know how you can handle all this and not have a breakdown or relapse. i know with my rambunctious 2 yr old grandbaby, i put small ear plugs in. not the heavy duty kind, but notches it down where i can still hear her but she's not stabbing my head with pain.

don't know what to tell you. poor girl does need help. it's great that you are being so patient with her, i'll pray that you & your SO can find a way that helps you too.

take care & God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
    X