Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallucination

Hi....here is something new for me.....

i have been hallucinating why a lot lately and i don't understand why....does any one experience this?

I have never experienced this and I am not sure if this can be an MS symptom. You should tell your doctor in case this is not a part of MS.

Comment

have you added any new medications? I have noticed that several can cause this for me.

Comment

It's not very common, but hallucinations can occur in MS, for various reasons (such as medications, infections, or limited vision). They may also have nothing to do with MS and may be a sign that something else is going on. It's important to let your doctor know so they can be properly addressed.

Good luck to you!
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I've had similar experienced with CNS stimulants for fatigue, and meds for treating cognitive sx.

If you've started new meds or recently increased your dose in this class of medications, it could be the cause. You should consult your MS doc about it regardless.

Comment

What type of hallucinations? Hearing things? Seeing things? Smelling things?

Before you answer any more posts, call your physician and discuss it with them. I hope you feel better.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

a agree with above

I agree with all the above posts.

But, most of all, Jules A.'s post. Call and make an appointment and discuss with them.
              God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

The one and only hallucination I ever had was when I took my first ( and only ) Trazadone. Check your prescriptions.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

All hallucinations should be reported to a doctor immediately. I have gotten them from high fevers.
                  Katie
                  "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                  "My MS is a Journey for One."
                  Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have had auditory hallucinations when I was having a very bad depression. They gave me an antidepressant and the hallucinations went away. The depression also lifted and I feel much better!

Like others have said, talk with your doctor. You may also need to see a psychiatrist.

Take care
                    Lisa
                    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                    Tysabri

Comment

Sharks and Stalking Cats

Hi diguilio,

I agree that talking to your doctor is always a good idea. But I would also like to share something my neuro-opthalmologist told me about the lurking dark shapes (shark fins? cat's tails?) I so often see at knee level. His explanation relates these visual hallucinations to my MS. The degraded signals that come from my optic-neuritis eyes cause my poor, overburdened brain to try to make "sense" of them by giving me a vision of something, anything. I expect the strange things I hear and smell are like this too.

As for the sharks and ghosts, I've made pets of them.

Stay lifted,
                      Mermaid
                      "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
                      X