Where is MRF-008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is MRF-008?

I stumbled on a story in NeurologyNow magazine about the Myelin Research Foundation's efforts to get this drug into clinical trials. Does anyone know anything about the current status of this?

Jerry - this link from Mylein Repair Foundation talks about the clinical trial http://www.myelinrepair.org/mrf-008.shtml.

If you look to the bottom, there is a link to FAQ's which says a trial is to begin in 2015, but the MRF is not recruiting patients. As more Information about this trial becomes available, details will be posted on the NIH Clinical Trial website. It also says you can sign up for a newsletter (with a link given) for more details on this trial.

There is this too - http://bionews-tx.com/news/2014/01/2...-repair-in-ms/

Interesting to note is that Scott Johnson, the CEO and founder of Mylein Repair Foundation is a SPMS patient!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Not a surprise to me. Scott Johnson is a MSer who isn't sitting around and quietly waiting for the medical world. He is taking action. I wonder where MSer's would be if the really rich and powerful of this country were to put their weight behind finding a cure. Just a thought !

Comment

I forgot to mention that the MRF is a not for profit organization because the foundation doesn't want to have ties to for profit motivations. It seems to me that the MRF has very pure intentions. A rare quality in this discussion !

Comment

Yes - very rare indeed

I see that they are asking for donations, and if I had any to spare, I'd donate. I am however going to get in on the newsletters as I'm keenly interested in this!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

And me, too, Seasha! The news of this has me really curious. I wonder if there will be any investigation of any older medicines to re -purpose as an MS treatment. Maybe chicken soup or castor oil.

Comment

count me in too! went to pain management dr and he wants me to take metanx(sp) for it`s myelin regenerative properties. who knows, i`ve seen more about this lately
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I am beginning to think that any information about MRF-008 is a cruel hoax. I have signed up to the MRF e-mailing list and have not received anything.

Comment

This morning's MS news googling brought me this (I've never posted links so here goes):

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...erosis-ms.html
                  Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

Gee, a lot can happen in 6 months. Thanks for posting ! Maybe there will be some attention paid to the stem cell therapy that Dr. Sadiq has done at Tisch MS center in New York, as well. Before 6 months elapses! Oops...Just me being snarky again !

Comment

Working...
                    X