ACTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACTH

Apparently I am having a relapse right now. I started getting headaches and my neuro decided to do an MRI, he said I have a new lesion and prescribed ACTH. He said it's better than steroids and it's an injection once a day for 7 days. I have never heard of this medication until today. he said it's not new but was taken off the market for awhile but it's back. Well that didn't make me feel better. have any of you been on this drug?
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

ACTH

I had the ACTH treatments back in the 1960's several times. It was the only treatment back then. I was hospitalized and had IV treatments for 24 hours a day for 8 days. My eyes did not move at that time. After the treatment my eyes started to move again. As I remember that was the only noticeable improvement. I was told it would take a while for the ACTH to make noticeable improvement. That was a long time ago so I really don't remember a lot about it.

Comment

Hi Katje,

Not sure if you mean Acthar gel (injections)? If yes, I took this almost one year ago for a relapse and it worked very well; I did not have any side effects from it. I found this to be much more effective than the IV steroid infusions I had for a relapse.

Best wishes to you! Nikki

Originally posted by Katje View Post
      Apparently I am having a relapse right now. I started getting headaches and my neuro decided to do an MRI, he said I have a new lesion and prescribed ACTH. He said it's better than steroids and it's an injection once a day for 7 days. I have never heard of this medication until today. he said it's not new but was taken off the market for awhile but it's back. Well that didn't make me feel better. have any of you been on this drug?
      Nikki

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I really don't know why my neuro wanted me on this vs the prednisone except he said this has less side effects.
        Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Working...
        X