No announcement yet.

I am having a severe exacerbation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a UTI when walking is a nightmare, and the bathroom was a long way away to start with.

Eight in a thousand isn't too bad a risk, unless you wind up being one of the eight.

Hope the 'roids start kicking in. (They stuff up your immune system, so you probably need antibiotics for your UTI and it all contraindicates.)

Comment

That was the good old days when we could get admitted to the hospital for steroids. My PCP used to order a high dose of IV Ativan to get me to sleep at night. I really feel for you lying awake at 4:30am from steroids. I send you some IV Ativan through cyberspace.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
        On top of this I still have a rip roaring UTI that nobody wants to treat.
        Now I'm really not following... I once had a UTI and didn't realize (wasn't sure so I didn't have it tested and treated). I was so weak. I went to the neuro and told him I'm positive that I'm having a flare and need steroids. He asked a few questions and I "admitted" that I might have a UTI. He said go find out and get antibiotics. So simple - End of flare. Why aren't you on antibiotics?
        Dx 1/86 at age 23
        Copaxone 1993 - 2011 (except when I was pregnant or nursing)
        Tysabri - 2011 - present

Comment

Wishing some relief comes your way very soon. Between your injured body and your broken heart, life seems to be conspiring against you at the moment. Nature of the beast? Hope your body and your heart will be on the mend soon. Best wishes coming your way, one of our MS Warriors Extraordinaire.

Comment

[QUOTE=22cyclist;1472600]
            Originally posted by DonnaD View Post
            The hardest thing about MS is always that you never know when something will hit (though, I don't think any time is a good time.

May I ask a question - You're gong to get steroids for 5 days now? (BTW, I LOVE steroids). You have an option to actually be admitted to the hospital for the 5 days (or does it mean going back and forth)? If you can be admitted, isn't that the best thing? Just lay in bed and be served for the days? Just resting.

I am at home getting 5 days of IVSM. Unfortunately I have PT scheduled for in the morning and here I am awake at 4:30 am. I hope I will start to feel better in the AM after my second dose. I would rather have been admitted but thats just not how it works around here. On top of this I still have a rip roaring UTI that nobody wants to treat. Oh well. If its not one thing its 9 thousand I guess.

Thanks for the kind words
            Take care
            Lisa
            Hope you recover from this quickly
            Get that UTI fixed.

I was going to post that my lack of improvement after my last IVSM cemented, in my mind anyway, my SPMS status. But I bet treating the UTI would help this flare. The worst flares I've had were caused by fevers caused by a kidney infection and a sinus infection. I detest antibiotics, but they did the trick both times - getting rid of infections and my flares.

So yeah, find someone to treat the UTI.

And hugs, you poor thing.
            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Lisa ... ENUFF!!

Glad you are letting us know with updates and all. I always think of YOU, YOU, YOU!!!

Saying healing prayers of love and hope!

HUGs to you, my dear. Hope the can get that UTI treated soon and you'll be feeling better soon

Warmly, JAN
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

It must be absolutely infuriating to be in the same house with someone who has a prescription pad but will not help you get the medicine you need. This is a assuming you are both still in the house. Am I guessing right?

Comment

Yes, we are both in the same house. I have antibiotics, just am not quite sure they are working, but no WBCs in my sample in the ER, so I guess they are. They make me so nauseous. I called the urologist to ask about switching ABX...silence, no call back. So I just kept taking them. I am done with the IVSM. Feeling a bit better. Thanks for all of the prayers as I am sure they helped me heal! You guys are the BEST!

Take care
                  Lisa
                  Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                  SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                  Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                  X