Diagnosis Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosis Question?

I went to the MS clinic today and met with a new neurologist. Had the usual appointment with exam, questions and review of latest MRI. She said it really looks like MS, but without lesions on my MRI she can not give me a diagnosis. If not MS could be a mimic so of course I am getting a full work up.

In 2006 I had an MRI that did show lesions so the neurologist is going to obtain a copy of it and take a look at it.

Back in 2006 I could not get a diagnosis as despite lesions this was my only episode. Given the diagnosis criteria of today, could I be diagnosed based on these historical lesions?

Originally posted by Jennagain View Post
    Back in 2006 I could not get a diagnosis as despite lesions this was my only episode. Given the diagnosis criteria of today, could I be diagnosed based on these historical lesions?
    It is very unusual to get a dx without MRI evidence of "multiple lesions separated in space and time," but if you've had multiple exacerbations (with different sx) a doctor could still make the dx. The Wikipedia entry for "McDonald criteria" has a good table with the 2010 version of dx criteria.
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Here in Australia, you can get MS dmd/ts with a Clinically Isolated Episode, which sounds like what you had.

The question is, do you really want those drugs?

That's nine years since those last lesions showed up.
      What sent you back to the neurologist? Have you got new symptoms?

Comment

So my first attack was 2006 and yes I had another attack of symptoms this past September. It was a long eight years of nothing which is really awesome and I hope to get another eight years. Only reason I could see wanting to go on meds is that this time I have been left with some residual problems.

Comment

Working...
        X