Beginning Medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning Medication

Little by little I am learning more about the disease, and why I have experienced previous issues through my life. For example loss of memory, and back problems. I was diagnosed in 2014, but have most likely been living with this disease for 7-8 now without medication. I am keeping a open mind and doing as much research as possible.

Thank God I have recently been directed to Washington state where I have begin seeing a top doctor in Seattle with many years of experience and one that fits everything I have been looking for. I am now about to embark in a treatment plan where I have broke my research (doctor recommendations, reading manuals, online research, and asking others with MS) down to these top three medications: 1)Tysabri, 2) Gilenya, 3) Tecfidera. I haven't made my decision yet, but in making my decision I am leaning towards Tecfidera, even though I feel that Tysabri may be the more aggressive drug that will go into my system quicker due to it being an infusion. My concern with Tysabri, is the PML warnings, because I am JCV positive with a low index level(1.01) . I am remaining positive that God will direct me as he has been; to find the right match for me.

I am doing my research and my part too. I have also become very involved in learning about plant based diets and natural supplements, so any one who shares my interests we can bounce back ideas. I am glad to be apart of a group of strong people in which we will grow together! I would very much appreciate any insight or suggestions you may have. Thank you in advance, Stephanie

[COLOR="Navy"** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **[/COLOR]

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to MSWorld! We're glad you joined us, but sorry for the reason why. I hope you'll find this to be a very informative and supportive site.

I'm glad you finally have answers and found a neuro you like. It's important to have one you feel comfortable with and trust. I've never been on Tecfidera, but it does seem to be a popular choice. I have been on Gilenya and am now on Tysabri. I hope if Tecfidera is the drug you choose, it works very well for you!

You can learn about other's experiences with Tecfidera, Gilenya, and Tysabri in this, our "Medications and Treatments," forum. There's a sticky about MS Drug Selection in this forum you may also find helpful.

Another sub forum you may be interested is "Tara's Nutrition" in the "Wellness Room" forum. You can also find a sub forum called "Recipes" there.

It's really good you are doing your research to find a drug you will be comfortable taking. Since it's your body, that is a must. Good luck with your decision and I hope you'll keep us updated on your choice!

Best wishes ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Sorry that you have had to join but if you have MS , THIS is THE place to be. There is a lot of info here. Look around and don't be a stranger.

Comment

Working...
      X