Itchy palms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itchy palms

This has happened 3 times now. I feel a terrible itch in my palms ( one or the other ) and after I scratch it I get this awful pain, look at my hands and see that a blood vessel has gotten to the surface and is blue and a little swollen.

I asked my doctor friend about it and she explained that it might be like when they try to start an IV and kind of knick you and it just brings the veins up close to the skin. She said that itchiness is part of MS. This doc also has MS herself.

So, anyone else have anything like this?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti,

Itching was an early symptom of mine, and my PCP kept telling it was allergies (which I knew it wasn't, because there were no other visible signs of anything). I still get it periodically on my palms even with Neurontin, and for me, it happens almost always at night. I read somewhere it's often a nocturnal symptom. If it gets too intense, I'll use cold therapy on it until the symptom passes.

Here's some more information from the NMSS. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...mptoms/Itching

Hope you find something that works for you to keep that symptom at bay. It can be maddening!

Best wishes ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I'm not worried as much about the itching as I am the broken blood vessels. All I do is just scratch the palm of my hand and this big blue vein comes to the surface and hurts for awhile. Just seems like it doesn't take much to make this happen.

I've lost a bunch of weight due to gastritis but my hands look ok. I can't see that this is a MS problem, but wondered if anyone else had trouble with veins popping or even varicose veins in their legs blowing out. My neuro told me it was due to the weight loss. ???
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
      X