Pseudo Flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pseudo Flare

Last week of January and first week of February my bad leg was much worse (weak and stiff). I also developed bladder problems. It was not an infection, but rather a spastic bladder which I had with my first flare in 2006. Once I started meds and the symptoms cleared up, my walking improved.

I know a pseudo flare can be caused by an infection, but can a symptomatic spastic bladder also cause a pseudo flare? Can a pseudo flare last two weeks?

I don't think so. New symptoms or a recurrence of old symptoms lasting for longer than 48 hours, well, I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like a flare to me.
    Could be wrong, so go and see a doctor. Maybe they can do something to help.
    Good luck.

Comment

A pseudo flare can last a long time, but not two weeks generally, and is not usually started by a spastic bladder. You need to contact your neurologist because you need to document it. As far as steroids go, at this point its probably not worth it as you have had this for a while and will likely recover soon. Again, this is a question for your neuro.

Hope you feel better soon!
      Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Flying scares me very much, and before my last trip, the fear of flying became overwhelming and caused a pseudo flair. It was mild and mostly caused temperature problems and fatigue after walking short distances, but it did last about two weeks. From onset, to peak, to tapering off. Kind of put a damper on the trip, but it definitely wasn't a real flair. I would think that any symptom that effects you could resurface for a pseudo flair. I would still document it like another said. I asked my neurologist about my own and she requested that I always let her know and document anything that isn't a standard day to day symptom.

Comment

Working...
        X