eng test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eng test

I Am Scheduled To Have One On Tuesday. I Know That They Test For Nerve And Muscle Strength And Or Weakness.

My Legs Are Not Working And I Know That,So What Would Be The Benefit Of This Test?

What Is InVolvEd, Any Pain, Any After Affects?

ThanK You!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

It just involves a couple of stickers being placed on you and they run some electrical shock through these stickers from a machine (the neurologist). It tells you if you have peripheral nerve damage.

Are you also a diabetic or have lupus or another cardiovascular disease? If so, this is why the test is being done. Otherwise I guess they are trying to determine which it is from your CNS (MS) or some secondary peripheral problem going on.

Best of luck. They are a bit painful, but nothing compared to the pain of say trigeminal neuralgia, or optic neuritis.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

EMG

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND UNDERSTANDING WHAT I MEANT.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

It also shows if damage is neurological or muscular. Good luck, please let us know how it goes.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
          It also shows if damage is neurological or muscular. Good luck, please let us know how it goes.
          Jen
          Surprise It's MS thing. Have Peripheral Neuropathy, But Have No Other Cause For It. He Said That 10% Of MS Patients Have It. Rechecking Blood Sugars. No Other Major Issues With Spine.

Thanks A Bunch!
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
          X