FIRST DOSE IS DONE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST DOSE IS DONE!!!

Well my first dose observation was done yesterday and all I can say is I am glad that is over with. After the initial 6 hours they took an EKG and my heart rate was 48, which meant I had to stay another 2 hours. My DW and I walked around for most of that 2 hours hoping to elevate my heart rate.

The follow up heart rate was 52. Things were not looking good. We finally got a reading of 55 and the doctor agreed to let me leave after examining me. he asked over and over how I was feeling. Besides being tired from the length of the day I felt fine. So he told me I was good to go. I were able to jump up and down and run around I would have.

The last thing I wanted to do was spend the night in the hospital in New Orleans which is about a hour from my house. But all ended well. I only hope Gilenya is the drug I've been looking for to slow the progression of my MS.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Congratulations

Congratulations on making it through your first dose ! How do you feel now taking it each day ? I have read your previous posts about your mixed feelings and reservations in commencing Gilenya. I also hope Gilenya is the drug you've been looking for. How do they determine if it is working for you in the US ? Is it just by observation or do you have a MRI at some point ? Best of luck, Angela.
    Angela

Comment

So happy for you! My six hour observation went pretty smoothly, thank God as it started at 7 AM and might as well have started at midnight in terms my energy level LOL I've been on Gilenya for a month and I'm not sure with the side effects if I can keep on it — mostly tummy troubles and depression. I sure hope that you don't experience any of those and that it turns out to be good for you. We're all so different, that's why can be so frustrating to find a drug that works (I'm sure for the doctors too).

Comment

Working...
      X