Question about JC Virus titer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about JC Virus titer

I am JC positive. First test done 1 1/2 years ago came back with a titer of 1.12. Just had another test recently that came back as 0.77. Does anyone know how the titer can change like this. A few more points and I would be negative. I understand that once you are positive you will never be negative but I was surprised to see this difference in the two tests.
    Anyone who understands this test please weigh in on this.

Titer

Hi Rhonda

There will be more knowledgeable people that will respond, but from what I know, although it is unusual to go from positive to negative, it can happen. You have a good low number right now.

I have been a high positive (3.5) the last few checks, and I am getting another tomorrow, but I don't expect a change.

Good for you.

Comment

titer

Thanks for your response Tomjadg. I thought it was strange that the titer would change so much. Can't wait to hear from others who may understand this. Are you on Tysabri? I have been on Tecfidera since July.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
        Thanks for your response Tomjadg. I thought it was strange that the titer would change so much. Can't wait to hear from others who may understand this. Are you on Tysabri? I have been on Tecfidera since July.
        My titers have changed. They have been 4.1 and 2.2 and everything in-between. I think there are only theories on the whys. I think it may depend on where you are at in the 4 week period when you get tested. Mine went way down after I moved my infusions to every 6 weeks, but it has gone back up, so that blows that theory.

Comment

Yes. I started on Rebif, but after 7 months of a steady decline, I switched to Ty. It's been about 2.5 years on Ty now.

Comment

Working...
          X