No announcement yet.

My husband asked me to move out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so agree with everything KatieAgain, hobbit, and Marco said. As Ivana Trump said in The First Wives Club, "Don't get mad darling, get even."

You betcha! Take care of yourself 1st! It will get better with him out of the picture (eventually) but make sure you get everything you deserve and then some. Get yourself a 1st rate lawyer and have no regrets about looking out for yourself.

Hold on and plan for the future. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Kris

Comment

Lisa, I am hurting from the inside for you. Please surround your self with a good support team. And like others have said, let him move out. All my thoughts and prayers go out to you
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Lisa,
        I'm sorry things have turned out the way they have. Perhaps some counseling may help you sort things out and help you get your life in order. Coming from a male perspective I could really give my opinion but I think it best to keep it to myself.

Handle this like you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. Certainly don't let people make you do things that you are not comfortable with. You have a GREAT support system here at MSWORLD. Take a deep breath and take one step at a time.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Best of luck to you,

Sincerely,
        Way
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Thank you guys for the empathy, support and advice. I take every word to heart.

Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Oh Lisa, I am so very sorry. I agree that getting a lawyer is really important and I also think you need to stay put. I mean, it's one thing(albeit an awful thing) to be done with caregiving, but to be so mean as to ask you to leave is beyond terrible.

Big hugs to you.
            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

* * HUGs * *

To me it sounds like he is a no good cheater and if so, I hope your attorney takes him for everything he has ever earn and will ever earn.
              And he ends up paying for you to in-home health care or move to an ascendant living place.

You’re in my prayers
              Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Lisa, my heart is breaking, but my head is smokin' mad.
                I can only echo a whole lot of others-HE needs to move, not you, for all the reasons stated.
                Protect yourself. Get that lawyer to help you be as strong & nasty as you need to be. It's time for the gloves to come off.
                Huge HUGS.
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Lisa, I'm sorry. Sending you prayers for strength. At a tough time like this, it sounds like you are gearing up and doing what you know you need to do. Shame on your mom for not supporting you during this time and instead relieving herself of any inconvenience. At least you know who you can count on- YOU! Build a beautiful future. Keep your eye on that.
                  Irish.Girl 40 yrs old
                  Diagnosed with RRMS 2004 at 30 yrs old
                  Possibly transitioning to SPMS
                  Rebif 3 mos, Copaxone 5 yrs
                  Last 4 years no DMD

Comment

I wrote a response that I put a lot of thought and time into writing but it wasn't posted. Was it intercepted by moderators?

I feel very deeply for your situation, Lisa. This disease is so cruel. It's like a bulldozer trampling over the lives of such good people.

Comment

Still thinking of you. I agree with KatiAgain, TinaP303 and Irish girl, I have confidence in you, you have demonstrated resilence and strength based on all I know about you based on your time here.

MS aside, feeling betrayed and abandon by those you love, including 'him' and your mom, is devistating I'm sure. But I have confidence that with aggressive legal representation and the appropriate household help and in home health care you will prevail. I have confidence in you as does every other MSW'er here. Love and hugs coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
                        I wrote a response that I put a lot of thought and time into writing but it wasn't posted. Was it intercepted by moderators?

I feel very deeply for your situation, Lisa. This disease is so cruel. It's like a bulldozer trampling over the lives of such good people.
                        palmtree - your post from 2/10 is in another post of Lisa's. http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...33#post1471933. It's post #20
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you, Seasha.

Comment

I'm so sorry Lisa. Stay put and get what you need long term. Sending prayers your way. Take care.

Comment

I feel so sad for you Lisa. If your husband suddenly came and said this, I'd guess that things in your marriage weren't that great for a while now. Life may become better without him. Try to be strong.
                              Dx 1/86 at age 23
                              Copaxone 1993 - 2011 (except when I was pregnant or nursing)
                              Tysabri - 2011 - present

Comment

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. I'd like to join every one of your sisters and brothers here in support of you.

Everyone here is right, he goes, you stay. And yes, not only get a lawyer, get one of the "junk yard dog" variety, so he can pin that creep's butt to the wall.

You are in my prayers.

Please keep us posted, we care about you.
                                Seattle, WA
                                Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
                                Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Working...
                                X