Linzess and weight gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linzess and weight gain?

For those who noticed weight gain with taking Linzess, did you notice that the medication made you hungrier, or was it water retention, or something else?

I started Linzess a week ago and I don't know yet if it will be "the answer" to my bowel problems, but I am a bit concerned about weight gain.

Of course it's only been a week. I do feel hungrier (when I get hungry, it's not just an empty stomach, it's faint nausea, fatigue, lightheadedness, sometimes faint tremors).

But who knows, I don't really have any reason to blame it on the Linzess except for my paranoid fear of gaining weight--oh, and maybe because Linzess helps empty the bowel, which I suppose could make a person feel hungrier?

I have been on Linzess for over a year and have not experienced any weight gain or increased appetite. If anything, it has allowed my weight to stay stable. Linzess has been a miracle drug for me. I have slow GI motility and take high dose verapamil. These both caused severe constipation. I would go weeks without a bowel movement and this would cause severe bloating, with weight gain.

The first week or two was a little rough with overactive bowel sounds, gas, abdominal cramping and diarrhea. This all settled down and now I rarely notice any side effects. I take one 145 mcg capsule daily and it is completely effective. I would give it a couple weeks to see if it helps you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X