Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not feeling great after switching to G :-/ Is it just a fluke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not feeling great after switching to G :-/ Is it just a fluke?

I'm starting to get a little worried. i started G 1/29 I switched from Avonex which they insisted wasn't working well enough. My MS feels like it's getting a little worse. My left hand is stiffer and more numbs. My whole body has a kind of weird slightly tingly sensation. My fatigue is coming back a little, My arms and legs and pretty much my whole body feel like lead sometimes. IDK I just don't feel right. I kept thinking maybe I'm getting a cold but It's been over a week and no cold yet.

I'm hoping that maybe it just takes a bit for my system to get used to the switch from one med to the next?

Anyone experience this at all.
    Sos219
    4/24/2014
    Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

The problem with switching meds is that you'll go through a period where the new med isn't effective yet. It's going to take some time to really get working. I have no idea how long it takes for Gilenya to become fully effective, but you haven't been taking it long enough to reach that point yet. That could possibly be why you're feeling bad. I hope things start improving for you.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

I'm not feeling "bad" just not right and pair that with MS, it makes me a little paranoid... I've only been dealing with this for less than a year so I'm easily freaked out :-(

That's what I was hoping/thinking. Trying not to get paranoid but it's hard :-P. ... I am starting to feel a little more "normal" whatever that means lol Thanks :-D
      Sos219
      4/24/2014
      Avonex

Gilenya 1/29/2015- present

Comment

My neuro saw me a couple of months after starting G. He asked if I were feeling any better?

I thought was the weirdest question - I was like 'I didn't know that ANY DMD's were suppose to make you feel better'? What happened to the disclaimer that you have to say that you understand with all of them (that I have used anyway) about 'tends to reduce the probability of relapses and tends to reduce the disability ...'

Bottom line, they are all poisons. Give your body a chance to adjust to it. I have not had any serious side effects after years of taking it.
        Hope you continue to feel more 'normal' each day.

Comment

I've been taking it for a month, and I'm definitely experiencing limb weakness that I didn't experience before. Luckily, the tummy troubles have died down a bit but the cognitive issues, depression and anxiety have me very worried so I will have to discuss this with the doc in a couple of weeks. I would definitely report what you are feeling to your doc — if you read the small print in the literature, weakness is listed as one potential side effect. "First do no harm" is off the table apparently with this drug lol

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            My neuro saw me a couple of months after starting G. He asked if I were feeling any better?

I thought was the weirdest question - I was like 'I didn't know that ANY DMD's were suppose to make you feel better'? What happened to the disclaimer that you have to say that you understand with all of them (that I have used anyway) about 'tends to reduce the probability of relapses and tends to reduce the disability ...'

Bottom line, they are all poisons. Give your body a chance to adjust to it. I have not had any serious side effects after years of taking it.
            Hope you continue to feel more 'normal' each day.
            I HIGHLY agree with the poison comment on these meds.

OP, what you posted could be an episode of ms and possibly have started before you started on G. Its only been a month so it really hasn't been in your system long enough to tell.
            I made a post last night about what do we know we're really putting into our bodies med wise and if he benefits really do outweigh the long term affects of these.
            Guess the mods didnt like how I was feeling on the subject, it never got posted to the board but I know I'm not the only one with those thoughts.

I've been on Tec for 6 months and am experiencing the same thing and more.
            Makes me want to forget taking any ms meds and live my life aware and alert.
            Didn't know G also caused the mega tummy issues.

Just keep in close contact with your neuro.

I came to the G camp to see if the grass was greener.
            Apparently not

Comment

Originally posted by TIDE
              I made a post last night about what do we know we're really putting into our bodies med wise and if he benefits really do outweigh the long term affects of these.
              Guess the mods didnt like how I was feeling on the subject, it never got posted to the board but I know I'm not the only one with those thoughts.
              Hi Tide:

The post you were referring to (in the Tecfidera forum) was approved. Sometimes there's a delay in the approval of posts because we are all volunteers, who have busy lives plus deal with the effects of MS (and very well may be sleeping, especially at the time of that particular post ).
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
              X