Med or coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Med or coincidence?

I posted a few days ago that I was having dizziness/blurriness along with electric shock feeling in my arm. I was having up to 36 a day. I had brain mri and eeg and everything was fine. My dr wanted me to start tegretol especially when I told her I was having so many attacks a day. So Friday night I filled the prescription. I took one 100 mg pill in the morning and 1 at night. Well, yesterday i had over 90 episodes of this shock/dizzy sensation. Today...NOT ONE SINGLE ONE!! Is it possible that tegretol actually got this under control in just one day? I seriously can't believe this. I've been having t hese episodes for 5 weeks now and they've been increasingly worse each day.. except for today...NONE
    What do you think??
    April

like I said previously I do not know anything about this medication. I had electrical shock sensations from my knees down to my ankles. I also had very bad cramping in my calves. My doctor put me on 150 mg of lyrica twice a day, and I went from having all these sensations one day to having none after taking the lyrica.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yes, it is possible. I take it for TN. It helps keep it at bay along with other measures, but it keeps my electrical shock pains in my limbs away.

I hope it continues to work for you!

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hi April

Tegretol is the medication I was first prescribed for my leg spasms, electric shocks, etc. unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to it. I'm on neurontin now. It helps some but my doctor always says tegretol would be better.

Glad you are having success with it

Comment

Working...
        X