National MS society funding for Tisch Medical stem cell trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National MS society funding for Tisch Medical stem cell trial

For those interested in stem cell clinical trials in the States, today's post on WheelChair Kamikaze's website was very disheartening. I couldn't even read the whole piece because it upset me.

I don't know how to post links, many of you are familiar with his site, otherwise you can google it, I recommend it (his site, witty, informative, well-written, raw.) Today's topic, the National MS Society opting not to fund, grant, etc support for the Stem Cell Research trial at Tisch Medical Center in New York.

Every year my sister-in-law asks me which MS organization she should donate to and I'm never really sure who to recommend. How do they spend the donations? I'm tempted not to support NMSS this year but rather MSAA, argh we need them all for so many different reasons (cooling vests, referrals, discounts etc)

How can they NOT support this FDA-approved research in some capacity? I'll read the rest of his (Kamikaze) article when I'm less upset.
    Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.
Working...
X