No announcement yet.

Who has bladder problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jenagain, I would also suggest that if you like your neuro to get a referral from them to a urologist that they like. My urologist sees so many patients with MS because of all the referrals from my neuro that he is well versed in our special brand of problems.

I have had increasing difficulty in this area. Tried two meds and the second one is really beginning to lose its effectiveness. I gave up soda, tea, and all coffee (excpet one half cup in the am) a long time back. I have been putting off the urodynamic study because it doesn't exactly sounds thrilling but it looks like I really just need to bite the bullet and do it because I am finding that my life is really impacted by managing my symptoms.

I hope you have a good experience at the doctor and that you can find some relief.

Comment

Trust me, problems with walking make problems with your bladder way worse.

Comment

I met with my new urologist last week and she said I have an overactive bladder. She has no intentions of running any tests, just gave me meds and said we would wait for the neurology work-up. She knows I have only had this symptom twice in my life and both times it was while I was having neurological problems. I guess she figures it's related and will just wait and see if I get a diagnosis to explain it.

Comment

newbie,
          I had the urodynamic study done about 3 weeks ago. I am sensitive to your plight, but if you have seen an urologist that has a strong reputation, I suggest that you do it. If I could have found a way around it, I would have done any alternative.
          The docs know that it is uncomfortable, to say the least. It is NOT a walk in the park. But if it suggested by the urologist, I think you should 'bite the bullet'. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X