Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motivation vs. stress

hi,

just wondering.....i was just wondering 3 things that motivate you and 3 things that stress you out.....

My values, my spiritual beliefs, and TED Talks/conversations motivate me not only to keep fighting but to be a better stronger person.

1. Discovering my ancestors had the same values helped me, and motivate me to continue to live by them. In short I’m a Son of the American Revolution and hold 1776 values, also been living by the nine noble Viking virtues even before I knew that there was such a thing.

2. My MS brain fog helped me, for years I looked inward like a Buddhist meditation looking for the meaning of my life.

3. I don’t always agree with my follow TEDsters, and some speakers can make me feel dumb as a slug. But it keep me mentally active, connected to the world, pulls me from my own petty problems, and gives me hope for a better world.

Stupid people, Stupid people, and the things Stupid people have done, stress me out. And that is enough said about that.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Motivators are family, friends, and faith.

Stressors are family, friends, and faith!
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Finding motivation with MS is difficult, with so many disease related obsticles, including the emotional impacts.

If you are interested in an exercise program, consider something easy-breezy, at home that you can do to get your body moving. Maybe start with as many repetitions as you can manage, 2-5 minutes if that's all you can manage.

Try again latter, either later in the day or the following day, increasing from 2-5 minutes to 4-10 minutes, or/or increasing repetitions.

After completing your daily obligation of 2-5 minutes and/or increased repetitions give yourself the rest of the day 'off' to recover.

Endorphins?, the 'happy brain hormones' are required for me to maintain an exercise routine. Based on my experience my required level of physical exertion is a bit high befor endorphins start to 'kick in', which can put a damper on motivation when getting started and maintaining a routine starting out.

Have you talked with your doc about Phsyical Therapy? Have you found NMSS exercise videos routines designed for W/C MSers?

Best of luck finding an exercise stratagy that works for you.

Comment

Top 3 motivators:
          1. My family, including my pets
          2. Music
          3. Food (half Italian)

Top 3 stressors:
          1. My family
          2. Finances
          3. Not being able to work due to LTD rules, not due to MS
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

There really isn't anything that stresses me anymore. I have no control over anything but my actions/reactions so why stress? Stress doesn't solve anything.

Faith, love, and music is my motivation.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I love that Snoopy! I really don't stress these days either. I used to when I was younger. So worried what others thought of my weight, or my opinion, or whatever!

But I too have learned to let it all go. Life goes on....

We should try to lighten others stress by not instigating it .
              Brenda
              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4boysmom View Post
                We should try to lighten others stress by not instigating it .
                Yes, I would agree
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Motivators. Children, grandchildren, friends

Stressors. New symptoms, work, house

Comment

These motivate me:

Needing to be there for my family, and knowing they love me
                    The self I know I am and can be, if I continue to push hard
                    ? Beauty in life -- the arts, nature, travel

These stress me out:

Worries pertaining to my family
                    Work
                    My symptoms and how they prevent me from living my life as me

Comment

Working...
                    X