REBOUND WHEN STOPPING GILENYA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REBOUND WHEN STOPPING GILENYA?

Anyone know if stopping Gilenya has a rebound effect re: an increase in symptoms?

I had no side effects w Gilenya and absolutely no trouble w Novartis, but apparently no benefits either. Waiting on JCV test results so doc can start me on TYSABRI.

Any thoughts?
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Hi Leeaura,

Sorry the Gilenya wasn't working for you.

I hadn't heard of the rebound effect happening after stopping Gilenya, but here's a few articles I found suggesting that is a possibility:

http://multiplesclerosis.elsevierres...9/509/main.pdf

http://www.omsinfo.com/content/uploa...od-rebound.pdf

Sounds like a good question for your neurologist! Please let us know what he/ she has to say.

Good luck with your test results and Tysabri!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Will def talk to Neuro....

THX Kimba22. I appreciate your reply AND your research.

I'll def continue with my Gilenya until I see my Neuro again/start Ty!
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeaura View Post
        Anyone know if stopping Gilenya has a rebound effect re: an increase in symptoms?

I had no side effects w Gilenya and absolutely no trouble w Novartis, but apparently no benefits either. Waiting on JCV test results so doc can start me on TYSABRI.

Any thoughts?
        My doctor is an MS researcher, and he says yes — it's a possibility on many of these MS drugs. I was on Tysabri and had to come off it quickly because of an allergic reaction, and I had the worst relapse of my life. It caused me to lose my job, and go on disability. I'm on Gilenya now (just a month) and the side effects are intolerable for me, but if another major relapse happens again, I'm sunk. I'm talking to the doctor in a week to make sure that we do everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen. I would definitely talk to your doctor about this! Most of these drugs have made me and my disease worse, and it has been so disappointing.

Comment

Working...
        X