X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox in legs for Spasticity ???

Hi my Dr. Wants to try Botox in the back of
    My legs in the thighs to try and help the bad spasticity
    has anyone else done this, & does it help???
    Thanks

Hi Sam,

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies...at least when I wrote this you hadn't. I used the search (the advanced search) on this site...there's a link at the top of the page in the blue bar.

I searched titles of threads that included the word "botox" and although there are many threads, not many have been replied to or those that were replied to have very little info, especially those dealing with botox in muscles.

A lot of them seem to be asking about botox in the bladder, not sure what that does. But you can go use that search bar and find all the threads.

I did find this thread and someone is reporting on their success with botox in their muscles. So for what it's worth, here's the link.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ighlight=botox

I recently also asked about botox (not my thighs, but for spasms in my face/tongue), didn't get many replies, I just don't think it's being used that often, otherwise I think you'd see more info on the threads about it.

Hope you get some more responses.

Comment

I was having this problem- stretching every morning before getting out of bed, using a heated car seat on the daily commute. Then I applied magnesium lotion at night and after a few days was AMAZED at how relaxed those muscles were. I would give that a try before injecting botox. You can make your own magnesium lotion fairly easily.

Comment

I've tried Botox a couple different times. Very little improvement. It was worth trying

Comment

DRMC

Thank you for helping me get some information I appreciate it 💜

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post

A lot of them seem to be asking about botox in the bladder, not sure what that does.
            Botox in the bladder is used to treat urinary frequency/ urgency, by relaxing the bladder muscles.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
            X